Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard issue on G55VW

npandrei
Level 7
Hello,

I have an ASUS G55VW laptop, and I have some questions regarding the keyboard:

1) The backlight is less intense in the center of the keyboad, so the keys in ther center (y to \, h to ', n to /) are less visible than the others. Is this by design?
2) Under the right CTRL, i have a led that is not white, it is orange. any ideas? I guess this is not by design.
3) The right arrow has to be pressed right in the middle of the key. If I press on one of the edges or corner, the command is not sent. With the other keys, I do not have this issue.

I had these issues from day 1.

I think these can be fixed by replacing the keyboard. Is the keyboard replacement covered by the 24 month warranty? Thanks

Sincerely,
Andrei Neagu
Proud owner of: Asus G55VW-S1025D, Intel® CoreTM i7-3610QM 2.30GHz, Ivy Bridge, 8GB, 256GB SSD, nVidia GeForce GTX 660M 2GB
3 REPLIES 3

rewben
Level 13
@npandrei,

1. maybe it's the viewing angle's problem. i have the same 'effect';
2. yes i have the same orange light for the right control key;
3. my right arrow key is fine.

i think it's covered. but i think the results might be the same for point 1. and 2. after replacement.

my home key is also not very responsive (it's still fine to me).

Pitcher1
Level 9
if you can disassembly KB, you are able take over it and check FPC connecter is complete to install, also check driver, if everything is normaling, but problem still happen, please send to ASUS service center, you also can be sending to ASUS service center first.

I noticed out the box that SpaceBar was flaky -
but recently within the past week or so - the keys are getting worse.
My "v" key requires me to pound it hard to get it to sync up.
I think it must be the plastic recoil or the sleeve has shifted and the metal is NOT making contact any more...
"v" and "b" are affected.
This laptop is 8 months old! G75VW