Page 2 of 341 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Hpnotiq
    Hello there,

My name is Michael Young, I work for a small business mainly focused on retail PC sales and Service. I work for Travis Jank (V2-V3). My hobbies include slaving over broken computers while V2-V3 whips me to work faster, carrying LN2 tanks on my back to constantly sustain V2-V3's need for super cooling, Overclocking, Gaming, Shooting and tinkering with things...which I then break.

Overclocking is a passion brought on by Travis, years ago when I walked into his store and saw him doing crazy and inhuman things to a computer, with his dark sorcery he would mystically push machines far past any logical limits...for about 5 seconds before they burst into flames. He taught me in the ancient secrets of hardware modification and the arcane methods to soothing motherboards which had spontaneously caught a case of extreme LN2 abuse.

I feel your pain...

Hpnotiq
    Ahh Kaboom, I've heard things about you... in between the repeated beatings Travis mentioned something about some girl gamer who... went over 6 ghz. Very Impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Hpnotiq View Post
    Ahh Kaboom, I've heard things about you... in between the repeated beatings Travis mentioned something about some girl gamer who... went over 6 ghz. Very Impressive!
    Why thank you! That week I was a sponge soaking in as much info as I could. Team R.O.G was a huge help in breaking my 6ghz xD

New ROGer Array

Hello everyone!

I'm probably one of the "older" members around. How much, I'm not telling, but I will let it out that I was programming an Apple ][+ in assembly language in my childhood, and have been in the technology scene ever since!

Among several older systems, my newest acquisitions are an ASUS eee PC for my wife (1005), and my own is a G71GX-A2. Although the product was only available for a short time, I am absolutely loving the 1680x1200 resolution screen. Seems that the "in" thing lately is much lower in pixel density!

I'm contemplating swapping the primary hard disk for a SSD, but waiting for prices to come down a bit more. Seems the hard drive is the worst performance hit, but that's usually the case with laptops!

Anyway, there's my short summary!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array 69_Goat's Avatar

Thought it was about time I introduced myself.

Ny name is Jesse and I go by the nick "69_Goat" on quite a few forums, including Overclockaholics, XS, I4 Memory, and others.
    My nick comes from my other passion, which is muscle cars, particularly the 69 GTO. (GTOs were fondly refered to as goats back in the day, for all the youngsters in the crowd)
    I currently own 2 69 GTOs, 1 of which is an original, flame orange Judge.

I've been a computer enthusiast for a long time and started seriously overclocking about a year and half ago.
    For a little over a year now, have been benching for the OC Alliance Team.

For work, I own and operate a machine shop, where we do custom machining and welding, mostly for the oil & gas industries.

I'll be lurking around the forum and lending a hand when I can.
    i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI
    i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

MIA ROG Guru Array

awesome cars!!! gotta love american muscle!!! no offense Brian...i got a CBR1000RR.... i know fast when i see it or ride it! lol
    anyways i am Lee Harrington and i live in stockton, ca since the 8o's. as you can tell bye my handle i love to mess with computers. this is my passion to fix, build, mod , whatever, definately gaming and spending money, i am down lets do it! my first gaming rig that i built was the Crosshair with amd 6400+ BE and 8800gts and know i own RE2 & RE3 & recently purchased R3Gene and all four boards will be with me at SAC lanfest. so come check me out and say hi!! can you say ROG fan.....lol

Hpnotiq
    Quote Originally Posted by 69_Goat View Post
    For work, I own and operate a machine shop, where we do custom machining and welding, mostly for the oil & gas industries.
    I spent a little time working in a Machine shop, picked up a few tips and tried to carry them over so V2-V3 and I could fab our own water blocks for testing out Graphics Cards. Our mini lathe/Mill is kind of sub par though and I've been away from it for over a year. You ever do any water blocks or LN2 Pots? I know in the Machine Shop world, time is money but I can imagine you've played around with it a little bit!

Simonetti
    Hi, my name is Alex and Simonetti is my surname. I always loved overclocking, ever since it became feasible. The first CPU I OC'd was a Pentium 233MMX on an MSI motherboard. The a few K6-2 and so on. However, OC'ing now is totally different business and almost nothing of what I knew until a few months ago is still valid.

I got my Rampage III Extreme a few weeks ago and I am loving it. My gaming rig is:
    - Rampage III Extreme
    - Core i7 920 @ 3.79 (but trying to push it harder... I hope to learn how in these forums)
    - Cooler: Zalman CNPS10X Performa
    - GPU-1: EVGA 9600GSO-512, with 1536 Mb of RAM, also overclocked to the limit!
    - GPU-2: EVGA GTX480 Superclocked... it's been bought and has been shipped but not arrived yet.
    - Case: CoolerMaster CM690 II Plus
    - Memory: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1333 C9 @ 1804MHz 9-9-9-24
    - Dell U2410 monitor

Before that I had (still have!) a Pentium 4 HT 3.2 running @ 3.71 GHz on an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe which I simply loved. I had the P4 for about 5 years before upgrading, because I honestly didn't feel I needed. I had a BFG 7800GS OC AGP on it, which was overclocked as well (beyond the factory OC), so it suited my gaming needs. The P4C800-E Dlx, however, stopped being as reliable as it once was, so an upgrade was in order... and also I got the bless from the wife to spend a s***load of money on a PC!

Now, however, I can finally play Crysis!!

Anyhow, I hope to learn a lot from you guys... I've noticed some of you are the masters of overclocking, so I thank you beforehand for sharing the knowledge. I also hope the little I know may be valuable to someone.

Brian@ASUS
    welcome to the club simonetti! any knowledge is good to share, thats why we are all here. to give and get =]

Page 2 of 341 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast