Page 51 of 348 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

welcome Gorman..

New ROGer Array

Red face

hi, Reverb here!

New to the whole Asus thing, just got a G74sw-bbk7.
    I've been looking around the forums so far and wondering about any guides on how I should set up my new laptop (covering stuff like not installing the live update thing and more). Let me know if such a forum/thread exists.

Anyway, game on!

ROG Member Array

New RoG Member :)

Hello,

I'm Equinoux and I'm a new Republic of Gamers member. Allow me to introduce myself; I'm 30 years old and have been gaming nearly all of my life. I have been building my own computers since an early age and have never really owned a gaming laptop. Lugging around my tower to LANs was always a pain in the butt, especially the morning after when it was time to go home. So, I finally pulled the trigger after a month of research and after I spotted one hell of a deal on Amazon.

One thing that I noticed after I purchased my G53SW-XA1 from Amazon's Warehouse Deals earlier this month was that it refused to power on. After checking online, I found out about the magnet issue and managed to correct it (thank you Sedozai). Once it powered on, I realized that the laptop still had the previous owner's "very personal" information on it. However, I'm a nice guy and ended up formatting everything so I can start with a fresh install. After getting everything up and running and eventually upgrading to a dual SSD setup, I have to say that I'm loving every little bit of my Asus G53 and I'm looking forward to being a part of the RoG community.

New ROGer Array

hi guys im simon 29 years old going,but im not a gamer but i like watch and downloading HD movie,anime .
    sorry for my first post was my trouble with usb3 laptop since i bought it a month ago which is not G series but N series
    basically my english is not good enough so please just bare with me lol

i bought my asus laptop cuz i heard asus was good so im end up with it lol and beside that i was having trouble with my old lappie for IGP,so now i can used it just in the safe mode.
    after a month i purchased my first asus,im having problem with usb3 that i thought the problem from WD but not,since i found that some ppl not with Nseries but with G series had problem with usb3.
    so im kinda disappointed with asus,when i first purchased so upset with the screen resolution which is i heard that the panel screen for my series was cheap and now having trouble with usb3,..,
    so i feel like made wrong decision for buying asus laptop for A$1100 and another A$80 upgrade to 16Gb RAM and now with less than A$1000 i can get HP with 3rd gen and same spec with asus that i bought
    i sent email to asus,but their promised in 48 hours they will answer,but already 5days no answer so im end up in this forum lol much better becuz some of u had already help me out but still havent fix yet

New ROGer Array

Hi

Hello,

Lothyr here. Stopped by to check out GpuTweak as I have just upgraded my PC and use GpuTweak for my graphics O/Cing.
    I will be tweaking my new rig so I may ask some questions here and look forward to everyone's replies.

Cheers,

Lothyr

No worries about English @saimon, there are plenty of non-native English speakers on the forums, since we are global brotherhood of ROG. Keep in mind, though, that USB 3, is a problem on every manufacturer, unless you have one of the new Ivy Bridge systems, which have USB 3.0 built into the chipset. Older systems (ASUS, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) use a pci-e card (kinda) to obtain USB 3.0 functionality, which has caused no end of headaches. Chalk it up to a combination of drivers and hardware. You were right for buying the ASUS, an HP is a piece of junk. Hewlett and Packard would turn over in their graves if they knew that the engineering company for engineers was making the stuff that HP makes today . Back in their day, HP made quality hardware, and was known for its engineering equipment--and especially for its calculators.

I understand that feeling about not having the latest and greatest, our euphoria only lasts about 1-2 months, if that long. If USB 3.0 is a big priority for you, try to trade in on the new N-series/G-series, which, from what I understand of the hardware, have no problems with USB 3.0. Anyone with a G55 willing to chime in on this?

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

Welcome.............

New ROGer Array

Hello overclockers, my name is Kyle. I'm a graphic designer and also an avid gamer. Though, my broken left hand has limited me to all work and no gaming lately.

You can find me on Overclock.net, my username is Arrant there. I love case modding and the overall process of rig building and customization. Overclocking is also a fun part of building for me, I'm a problem solver and overclocking gets my technical rocks off! I'm sure some of you know what I mean.

I'm dialing in my Maximus V Gene and 3770K, so I need to start going through some threads. I look forward learning and perhaps helping as well on here, cheers!

ROG Member Array

Hi

Hello, I'm Chris aka Ruination. I recently bought an ASUS ROG RAMPAGE IV Gene, and thought that I'd introduce myself to everyone on the forums. So hello!

welcome to the forum guys

Page 51 of 348 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast