cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Internet issue

anvancy
Level 7
Lately I have been facing a weird internet issue.

Lets suppose I am browsing the internet.everything going good. I download something. Now the problem happens is, my browsing just gets cut off. any site I type in says offline.Though the download is still on.the connection is there.

This is solved only after a hard re-start.

If I keep for overnight downloading,put the lid down,this same problem persists.

Cant figure out the issue.

The laptop is a G53SW-A1.latest wifi drivers installed.(I think)

Also Windows Update fails to update certain KB updates for my laptop.are any new updates the issue?

Anvancy
11 REPLIES 11

silentkiller01
Level 7
I think its a problem with your internet connection. try to use another connection from a friend or neighbor. if the problem persists then try to uninstall all network adapter drivers and re install them after a reboot.

Pitcher1
Level 9
hi, did you bring NB to try another route, or change channel withour auto, reset route..etc. make your wireless environment to sample.

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
hi, did you bring NB to try another route, or change channel withour auto, reset route..etc. make your wireless environment to sample.

can you provide a detailed stepwise to do list?

Well my other room-mates DO NOT face whatsover problem of the internet. I am suspecting the router is suspending my IP after a certain period of time. but if thats the case, my downloads should also get cut off which they are not.

Simultaneously can you post the latest WIFI driver link for the G53SW-A1?

Thanks

Anvancy

silentkiller01
Level 7
i tink its a problem with your dirvers this is the link for the drivers you need

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G53SW&p=3&s=282

select the correct type and install it.
i think that there is a problem with either windows or your firewall coz some how you seem to be blocked not disconnected its more likely that HTTP is being blocked after a while. it could be a virus. have your tired re installing windows.

your can also try connecting your NB to the router via an ethernet cable, if available.

try if that persist in safe mode browsing - maybe some program is making trouble. I have similar problem but with very slow internet - at the moment I think that wifi sharing program that I installed - connectify is guilty for that.
ASUS G74SX-TZ277D with 4x4GB Kingston

let me explain in detail so that we can pinpoint the issue.

Suppose I am browsing and something is being downloaded for example in a downloading client.

Browsing closed but the downloading client is running.Either I put the lid down or just turn of LCD and go to sleep.

When I check again the downloading client, still shows connectivity or no connectivity at times.But if I open Chrome/Firefox,nothing.I just cannot connect to Internet.

In some cases when I did the troubleshoot for the wifi,the reset did the trick and I was able to connect again.But it is not always.A Physical restart of the laptop is needed.

My Windows Firewall is off.AVP firewall is off.Is the wifi router itself blocking me out after a certain point of time?

Anvancy

hmm intresting

try to ping a website like google

get to a command prompt and type ping www.google.com -t
if you get continues replies your internet connection is fine. try doing this when your browsing and after browsing or downloading. if you cant browse and if ping is returning a reply from google it might mean that your firewall is blocking http requests.

how ever it cant be a porblem with your router
if possible try testing with another router for a long time.

silentkiller01 wrote:
hmm intresting

try to ping a website like google

get to a command prompt and type ping www.google.com -t
if you get continues replies your internet connection is fine. try doing this when your browsing and after browsing or downloading. if you cant browse and if ping is returning a reply from google it might mean that your firewall is blocking http requests.

how ever it cant be a porblem with your router
if possible try testing with another router for a long time.

ok.so the error has been pinpointed to Error 104 and i think its google chrome specific.any roundabouts for this?

Anvancy

silentkiller01
Level 7
umm best thing i could say is to unistall chrome and give it a fresh install. its hard to give up on chrome coz its sooo simple .......and fast... better get the latest version from google.....