cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canadian G75VX Models & Availability?

Western_Guy
Level 7
Hello

So I'm not sure whats up with the Canadian resellers but here is what I know so far. There are 3 models:

DH72 & QH72 which have equal prices from $1866-$2050 (I assume they are french and english versions as all sites sell both with the same internal gear). All sites only listed them with 670m's. All sites list them with 802.11ac, 500GB HDD, Bluray and 16GB of ram. About half the sites also list a 256GB hard drive as included (including amazon). I believe some sites also indicate they have thunderports.

RH71 which has a price of $1400-1499. It has a 670mx in the stats for less money? Also it lists a 750GB HDD, DVD, 12GB ram but it doesn't indicate the type of wireless or if there are thunderports. Emails concerning these items didn't help as the resellers indicated they just had the stats available and didn't know anything further on configurations or ETA.

None of the websites however show any inventory however 2 of them indicate they are getting 1 each tomorrow (both unfortunately are already preordered units). They did indicate I could preorder now and I would then be given a shipping date after I ordered however how can I order a RH71 when Im not even sure if it has 802.11ac (which is a big plus for me).

I am really crossing my fingers that the RH71 comes with 802.11ac because then I just drop in a SSD 256GB into the empty drive slot and have a very nice $1,600 rig (especially considering Aussies are paying $2,600 for similar rigs considering our dollars are about 1:1)

Has any other Canuck had better luck sourcing one, getting a line on different available models (bestbuy.ca doesn't have a model up yet), or getting at least an ETA?

Thank-you for your help.
22 REPLIES 22

Individ
Level 7
Hey Western Guy,

Did you manage to get your G75VX yet? If so, which model did you grab and from where?

Also, can you confirm that it has thunderbolt, 802.11ac, and is the screen glossy or matte?

😄

Adyghost
Level 8
Hey guys, I received information that the RH71 does NOT have thunderbolt or 802.11ac. However, there's no info on whether the other two models have the GTX 670M or 670MX...

Individ
Level 7
Ya, I've been researching only the G75VX-DH72-CA model. I believe the 670M listed everywhere is a typo tbh, but even if it turns out to be true somehow, it won't bother me much as I won't be using my laptop for gaming much (I know, doesn't help you).

The weird thing is that some G75VX-DH72-CA models come with the N standard wifi and not the ac, and several retailers have confirmed this, and those are reported to have a matte screen. Whereas the one's that have been confirmed to have ac, all have glossy screens. So far all laptops of this model are "confirmed" to have Thunderbolt. So not all G75VX-DH72-CA's are created equal (which can be kind of confusing).

I'm planning on ordering mine by the end of the week sometime and imagine I'll be getting it a few business days after. I will keep you posted on what it includes.

*EDIT: The retailer I'm buying from has just emailed me back and confirmed that it has
Nvidia GTX 670M 3G GDDR5.

Very weird. Again they could just be going off a misprint on a spec sheet or something, who knows. I'll find out once I get it.

C'mon man a glossy screen ??
When was the last time You saw a G55 or 75 with that ?
They all have the glossy screen.

Individ wrote:
Ya, I've been researching only the G75VX-DH72-CA model. I believe the 670M listed everywhere is a typo tbh, but even if it turns out to be true somehow, it won't bother me much as I won't be using my laptop for gaming much (I know, doesn't help you).

Well the thing is why would You pay so much for a GTX 670M......... ($1999CDN)
All will come with GTX 670MX - retailers are in sales not electronics geeks and might not see the M or MX difference.
Why would Asus wait to release the VX just to release one with a GTX 670M & GTX 670MX @ the same time - doesn't make sense.
I think I checked every website one can get the VX from and majority lists GTX 670MX as the GPU - the rest not sure.
Anyway, ASUS - PLEASE RELEASE IT IN THE US finally !!!

Individ wrote:

Well the thing is why would You pay so much for a GTX 670M......... ($1999CDN)
All will come with GTX 670MX - retailers are in sales not electronics geeks and might not see the M or MX difference.
Why would Asus wait to release the VX just to release one with a GTX 670M & GTX 670MX @ the same time - doesn't make sense.
I think I checked every website one can get the VX from and majority lists GTX 670MX as the GPU - the rest not sure.
Anyway, ASUS - PLEASE RELEASE IT IN THE US finally !!!

goprofishs
Level 7
me too, researching only the G75VX-DH72-CA model. I believe the 670M listed everywhere is a typo tbh,

http://www.amazon.ca/ASUS-G75VX-DH72-CA-17-3-inch-i7-3630QM-Blu-Ray-enabled/dp/B009PO99U4/ref=sr_1_5...
ASUS G75VX-DH72-CA 17.3-inch Republic of Gamers Gaming Laptop (Full HD display, Intel i7-3630QM, 16G DDR3, Nvidia GTX670MX 3G, 500GB + 256G SSD, Blu-Ray-enabled DVDRW, 802.11g/n, Thunderbolt, (Windows 😎:cool:

fostert
Level 12
NCIX Canada has the VX here -> http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=77456&vpn=G75VX-RH71-CA&manufacture=ASUS

and it has the 670MX chip.
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40