cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW-XT1 LCD is Faded around Edges

gman035t
Level 7
I have had the laptop for a little over a year. Around the edges of the screen it fades to white (not completely) when displaying the color black. It is extremely prominent during the windows 7 loading screen. If I use an all black desktop background you can see it fade to white a little bit on the top. The LCD screen has been doing this for a while, but I am pretty sure it is getting worse or has a least gotten a little worse since then.

What is going on here?
11 REPLIES 11

cl-scott
Level 12
Any chance you could post a photo?

It doesn't pic up if I take a picture of it. So I made a graphic that kind of shows what I am talking about. It isn't quite as drastic as the graphic shows.

gman035t wrote:

It doesn't pic up if I take a picture of it. So I made a graphic that kind of shows what I am talking about. It isn't quite as drastic as the graphic shows.

Interesting. Not really sure what that would be exactly, but it sounds like it must be some kind of display panel failure. You sure you can't get it to show up in a photo taken with a cell phone or actual camera? I appreciate the effort you've made thus far, but I'd love to be able to get a photo actually showing the issue if possible.

You can see a lighter color around the edge of the screen particularly at the top. Trust me when I say that in person it is much more obvious, and even brighter. It also fades farther into the middle of the screen than what the picture shows. The picture doesn't really do it justice.

It's as if the backlight on the LCD is shining brighter around the edges of the screen or something.

It really sounds like it is backlight bleeding after I read through this: http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/backlight-bleeding.php

And these pictures are kinda like what I am talking about. Except my problem is only with dark color like black: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1032268

Pitcher1
Level 9
hi, are you using a one year to appear, did you have do some test, like reinstall driver, resolution setting, or environment Interference like electricity wave..etc
also you can take back to ASUS service center to check if IW you also are able to SWAP.

gman035t
Level 7
I'm sorry I don't completely understand your broken English. Changing resolution doesn't help, it isn't related to drivers. Environmental factors doesn't seem to be likely also. I was able to get a much better picture of what is happening.

gman035t wrote:
I'm sorry I don't completely understand your broken English. Changing resolution doesn't help, it isn't related to drivers. Environmental factors doesn't seem to be likely also. I was able to get a much better picture of what is happening.

Yeah, that's a much better example. And since you list your location as Ohio, that puts you firmly within my ability to influence things. In this case it means I was able to get approval to waive all repair fees for you. So, send me a PM or email, I'll collect some particulars, and set up an RMA for you.

Thanks very much, but I use this laptop daily. I couldn't part with it right now. I see there is an Asus Service Center in Gibsonia, PA. I will be around that area for school early next year. Is it possible for me to take it there?