cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS - Released or Beta?

Retired
Not applicable
OK, I asked this question before but I'm still puzzled.

Asus is still showing 1303 as the latest "released" BIOS, but I see frequent mention here of 1409 (and later) releases. Are these betas?

I'm interested since 1303 is only marginally working for me. Frequently, when I restart from Windows (not a "cold" power up), the machine hangs on the BIOS screen. I do have an Intel SSD with "hot plug" enabled. Also, no matter where I plug in my USB keyboard, I have trouble getting into the BIOS with the delete key. I usually have to use an old PS2 keyboard.

Should I be using 1409? Raja?

-------------
My system:
Maximus IV Extreme B3
Corsair H70
i7-2600K not presently overclocked
Corsair Vengeance 16GB @1333 Mhz
Intel X25M SSD 160GB boot drive in an Intel SATA II port
Corsair Gold 1200 PS
2 REPLIES 2

Raja
Level 13
janetb wrote:
OK, I asked this question before but I'm still puzzled.

Asus is still showing 1303 as the latest "released" BIOS, but I see frequent mention here of 1409 (and later) releases. Are these betas?

I'm interested since 1303 is only marginally working for me. Frequently, when I restart from Windows (not a "cold" power up), the machine hangs on the BIOS screen. I do have an Intel SSD with "hot plug" enabled. Also, no matter where I plug in my USB keyboard, I have trouble getting into the BIOS with the delete key. I usually have to use an old PS2 keyboard.

Should I be using 1409? Raja?

-------------
My system:
Maximus IV Extreme B3
Corsair H70
i7-2600K not presently overclocked
Corsair Vengeance 16GB @1333 Mhz
Intel X25M SSD 160GB boot drive in an Intel SATA II port
Corsair Gold 1200 PS

Hi,

The 14** series are still beta BIOSes. When you use the USB keyboard, are you jamming on the delete key a lot (this will cause the system to hang)? You can try out one of the 14** BIOSes and see how it works for you.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
just went from 1409 back to 1204 and i find that to be far more stable for my OC/Ram and SSD setup.