cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SW Screen Flicker ?

BoxKiD
Level 7
hey guys im new to this forum as i just got my g53sw about a week ago 😄

ive noticed i while get a screen flicker for about 0.5 seconds its really fast and it only occurs when i play a game without the ac power supply plugged in...

is there anyway to fix this any help would be great

Thanks in Advance
*UPDATE*
Video of the issue
26 REPLIES 26

BoxKiD
Level 7
Also as it only happens while running on battery im guessing maybe its a power issue?

ive noticed the frame rate will be 40fps+ for a few seconds then the screen blinks really fast then frames drop to 5fps then a few secons after will jump back on then repeat...

dose anyone know why?

xeromist
I know that some of the users here have been toying with Throttlestop in an effort to get more consistent performance. Other than that I would make sure that you have the latest drivers for your machine including firmware if applicable.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

BoxKiD
Level 7
yeah but why is the framerate fine for a few seconds then the screen blinks then it goes into low FPS? then a few seconds high and low again

xeromist
To me that sounds like it is switching between a high & low power mode, but that's just a guess.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

BoxKiD
Level 7
that's what i was thinking... well somthing along the lines of that , isnt there away to keep it in high power mode while running on battery
I have the G53SW-IX097Z

xeromist
I don't think it will ever be the same performance level on battery as plugged in because I don't think the battery can offer the same output amperage. However it should not be switching power modes constantly and something like throttlestop may be needed. Basically you should have slightly less performance on battery, but it shouldn't be awful and it shouldn't be constantly switching to the detriment of gameplay. The reason that I recommended drivers & firmware is that this is the type of problem that usually only gets fixed at that level. I doubt there is a setting you need to change because this is not desirable behavior under any circumstances.

Retired
Not applicable
Any news on this? I got the exact same problem and the exact same laptop...

Chastity
Level 10
When you run a nvidia mobile chip on battery only, PowerMizer throttles down the GPU automatically to low performance settings.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
I dont think its PowerMizer because I installed Nvidia PowerMizer Manager and it says that i dont have PowerMizer settings in registry...