cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog cg8580 no sound from front headphone jack

stand
Level 7
Hi there,

We bought four pieces of cg8580. So far we are pretty satisfied with the hardware and software quality but I couldn't get the front panel sound output to work on neither of them. The headset microphone works as expected but the headphone is silent.

I'll use skype with the headset connected to the front. Mic is working fine but sound is not coming out. Rear panel sound output 3.5mm jack is connected to the monitor speakers and I can get sound. I switched the bios option to AC97 from HD but it didn't help.

Basically I'd like to have rear panel to run speakers and the front panel to run headphone so I can setup skype to ring from speakers and make the conversation with the headset. What is the proper software setup should be for this very simple usage scenario?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

mandarpalshikar
Level 7
In the driver for onboard sound you'll find an option which says something like "Mute rear panel output when front headphones are plugged in". Untick that option and see if you can get the output from rear jacks.
CPU + Mobo :: Core i5 3570K + Asus Maximus V Formula
CPU Cooler :: Corsair H80
GFX :: Asus HD7950 Direct CUII + Sapphire HD7950 Dual-X
RAM :: GSkill TridentX 2400 CL10 16GB
Storage :: Corsair SSD - 60GB + Seagate Baracuda - 1TB
PSU :: Corsair AX 850
Cabinet :: Silverstone Raven RV03
Keyboard + Mouse :: Logitech G110 + Razer DeathAdder
Audio :: JBL Creature III + Razer Megalodon 7.1
Display :: AOC e2352Phz

Rear panel outputs sound even if that option is checked or not. I've disabled HD sound from bios it also didn't helped (Realtek sound device vanished completely).
No way I could get any audio from front panel 😞 I'm starting to think that its physically disconnected??

stand
Level 7
How can I get official support for this issue?

gmgurgen
Level 7
I had the same problem, i finally solved it today. Here, i'm listing below, what i did.
After couple of unsuccesful research and tries, last 2 days;
First, i should tell i' ve done every combination of settings on realtek audio manager, i guess, none of them were useful.
Last, the solution part for me;
In bios advanced settings->onboard configuration i choosed ac97 for on board sound.
When i called the reseller, they told me that the connection between front panel and motherboard, isn't made. So i take apart the case, and checked the connection, there was a cable from front panel to Asus Xonar (external sound card) NOT to Motherboard.
So in device manager, i deactivated all sound devices but Asus Xonar. Then, i run "Asus Xonar Sound Manager" from control panel. Under "main" section, there is a choosing for input. FP Headphone. I choosed it, and woola sound is on front panel through my headphones. 🙂
Hope this helps.
Cheers,