Did you mean: 

Bios 213 killed My G73JH

Retired
Not applicable
:mad:HI,

I have an Asus G73 Jh
I was on bios 211.
downloaded the 213 official bios.
save it on C : partition , then I reboot and booted into bios, and I flash it from Bios.
everything went fine, then message saying within 2 second the laptop will shut down, after that, I tried to turn on the laptop but nothing happen, no lights no fan completely dead, so I did the steps below :

1. Cmos reset button on the base of the laptop……no luck
2. Taken out battery, adapter cord, pushed the power button for 45 sec. no luck
3- taken out ram, hdd……….No luck
No beep, no bios POSt, nothing on the screen.

I believe there is Bios adapter can flush the Bios offline OR, is there a way to force to be rested like removing battery or something, because I think the reset button resetting the settings inside the Bios not the Bios program.

any suggestions?
19 REPLIES 19

Retired
Not applicable
So no one has idea ? any thing ? :confused:

xeromist
There are flashing tools that can flash a CMOS chip directly but they are normally something that only a repair facility would have. If you can RMA it, you should do so.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Chastity
Level 10
History has taught us on the forums that flashing the BIOS from EZFlash, with the ROM file on a NTFS partition is an easy recipe for bricking your PC. Unfortunately the only realistic fix is to RMA it and have the techs reflash it for you. In the future, the best way I've found is to put the ROM file on a USB stick formatted for FAT32. I haven't bricked once that way.

Good luck with your RMA. If there's a Asus ASP center near you, and the techs there have a EEPROM burner, maybe they can do it for you fast.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

I just did the same flash and no issues use winflash from with in Win 7 .. No issues so far. All worked fine.. ,But I will keep and eye on it..

Retired
Not applicable
no good news 😞
I ordered and replaced the bios and the laptop shows power light on and the fan spins for 2 second and then stopped, that's it.

the technician replaced two bios both pre-programmed , one with 211 and another with 213 , none of them working
the technician said he suspecting the video card has problem.
anyway, as everyone know, no way to get new motherboard.

so I want to say thank you Asus for f****d up my $3000 customized laptop.
I wonder how they can manufacturing laptops and they don't know how to program their own bios.

Alienware I'm coming.
Asus, go to hell with your stupid stealth crap.

magma7247 wrote:
no good news 😞
I ordered and replaced the bios and the laptop shows power light on and the fan spins for 2 second and then stopped, that's it.

the technician replaced two bios both pre-programmed , one with 211 and another with 213 , none of them working
the technician said he suspecting the video card has problem.
anyway, as everyone know, no way to get new motherboard.

so I want to say thank you Asus for f****d up my $3000 customized laptop.
I wonder how they can manufacturing laptops and they don't know how to program their own bios.

Alienware I'm coming.
Asus, go to hell with your stupid stealth crap.

The mistake you made was flashing from the BIOS and reading the ROM file from the C: drive. The EZ Flash BIOS tool will brick if reading from a NTFS partition. It's been mentioned many times on several forums to always use a USB Flash stick formatted for FAT32 when using EZ Flash.

On the bright side, bad flashes are covered on your warranty. If your local tech cannot program the EEPROM BIOS with 213, then he's doing something wrong because that's how they fix this issue in the RMA place. I would call for Asus 360 service and prolly have it back in a week.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
thanks Chastity for your reply, but let's think logic here, I always updating same laptop bios in the same way, file on C: NTFS drive. then EZ Flash from BIOS.

BUT, if updating the Bios from file saved on NTFS will harm, why the EZ Flash tool allow me to see the file on the drive and also allow me to pick up the file and flash it without any warning ! ?
I did what I did many time on the same laptop and in the same way, but let me remind everyone, most of G73JH owners face the Keyboard Light Failure After BIOS Flash 209 , everyone did the flashing in many different way, but all faced this problem, is it our fault as users ?, or the brilliant manufacture which releasing cheep programmed files to the public without testing it deeply by pro people.
I called many time Technical Support and RMA 812-282-2787 and 888-678-3688, no one answering.
since my last post I'm searching the net for powerful non Asus laptop, I'm seeking Screen 17and up, cpu I7, VCard 1.5gb and up, and two HDD bay and RAM up to 16gb.

I need it for 3D designing and after effect, if you know any, please drop me a line
I’m very sorry to say I’m writing from my second ASUS laptop U36JC, I thought it’s powerful, But god forbid that I will think to update the Bios. from now on I will use it as NETbook just for browsing

BTW, the G73JH I have, I will not sell it for parts, after the pain I've been through I'll use G73JH to make a very bad AD on YouTube and other site, just to slap Asus

magma7247 wrote:
thanks Chastity for your reply, but let's think logic here, I always updating same laptop bios in the same way, file on C: NTFS drive. then EZ Flash from BIOS.

BUT, if updating the Bios from file saved on NTFS will harm, why the EZ Flash tool allow me to see the file on the drive and also allow me to pick up the file and flash it without any warning ! ?
I did what I did many time on the same laptop and in the same way, but let me remind everyone, most of G73JH owners face the Keyboard Light Failure After BIOS Flash 209 , everyone did the flashing in many different way, but all faced this problem, is it our fault as users ?, or the brilliant manufacture which releasing cheep programmed files to the public without testing it deeply by pro people.
I called many time Technical Support and RMA 812-282-2787 and 888-678-3688, no one answering.
since my last post I'm searching the net for powerful non Asus laptop, I'm seeking Screen 17and up, cpu I7, VCard 1.5gb and up, and two HDD bay and RAM up to 16gb.

I need it for 3D designing and after effect, if you know any, please drop me a line
I’m very sorry to say I’m writing from my second ASUS laptop U36JC, I thought it’s powerful, But god forbid that I will think to update the Bios. from now on I will use it as NETbook just for browsing

BTW, the G73JH I have, I will not sell it for parts, after the pain I've been through I'll use G73JH to make a very bad AD on YouTube and other site, just to slap Asus

Sorry you weren't able to get a hold of our tech support agents. If you PM me with your serial number, I will set up an RMA for you to get the issue resolved ASAP.

xeromist
Are you not able to RMA it? Seems like such a waste.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…