cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid 0 troubles

Cyberrevolution
Level 7
Hello guys, I have a Asus Rampage IV extreme.

When i press F8 I see my 2 SSD's

Corsair force GT 120GB

I enter the bios > Sata control option> I put sata raid mod on > but I wont find any of my two SSD's down where I can see what each sata port have connected and I see to put raid mod on aswell.

Anyone know how I can put it in raid0 ? 😞
9 REPLIES 9

TenBlade
Level 11
SSD firmware updated?

InnervateD
Level 10
Just because you select the RAID option under the SATA options doesn't automatically give you and make your raid array.

It just gives you to option to enter the Intel Raid menu to setup your RAID Array and to do other things with your raid setup under the Intel Raid Utility.

When you turn on the RAID option, save and exit the BIOS.
After it boots you'll get a quick flash of an option to enter the Intel Raid Utility by Pressing Ctrl+ i

Make sure you have the proper Intel Raid Drivers on hand when you're installing Windows.

Cyberrevolution
Level 7
It wont let me press ctrl + i

Cyberrevolution
Level 7
Anyone please, I really wish to put them in raid.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please confirm which SATA ports your two SSD's are connected to. They will need to be on the Intel ports and ideally the 6Gbits/sec ports.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Cyberrevolution
Level 7
They are connected to the red ones.

z0ki
Level 10
Make sure it is port 2 and 3 not 1 and 2 of the red ones, as the first 2 are a different controller all together.
[NEW RIG] Custom Acrylic Loop / i7 8700K @ 5.3GHz 1.34v / Maximus X Formula / G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB 3466Mhz / EVGA 780 Ti Classified's @ 1478mhz SLI / Corsair AX1200i Digital PSU / Samsung 2TB 960 Pro NVME / Corsair 900D / All EKWB

Cyberrevolution
Level 7
omg i think i got them in asmedia, i try to switch them when i get home from school. thanks, i get back to you when i tried

z0ki
Level 10
Also i had the issue where Intel matrix utility wouldn't load for me either pressing CTRL+I

I fixed this by going into boot options in BIOS and setting it to FORCE BIOS and it popped up 🙂

Also make sure your SATA configuration is set to RAID, save by pressing F10 and reboot and you will be greeeted with Intel matrix utlity and press CTRL+I

if it fixed it for you, please press the Add rep button 🙂
[NEW RIG] Custom Acrylic Loop / i7 8700K @ 5.3GHz 1.34v / Maximus X Formula / G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB 3466Mhz / EVGA 780 Ti Classified's @ 1478mhz SLI / Corsair AX1200i Digital PSU / Samsung 2TB 960 Pro NVME / Corsair 900D / All EKWB