cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help tracking something down

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hey guys, in the next couple months(hopefully) I wanna start scratch building a project and I need some help to get started(not that kinda help...I just got back from the Asylum :p)

What I want to know is, where can I find layout maps for the different motherboard sizes? This project is going to be very special and I have a sweet little idea that I hope will impress you guys and really floor you with it...but to start off, I need to know where to find these, please.

If you're wondering what i'm ranting on about, I mean when you look at a Mobo tray and you see on it all the holes already drilled out for the standoff's - that kinda map(or w/e it's called) for this project to be as I can somewhat see in my head(amongst other crazy stuff :p) I require the layouts for the Mobo's, pretty much all of them: Mini ITX, mATX, ATX, eATX and xlATX

Is there anywhere online that I can find these?

Cheers in advance

Myk
8 REPLIES 8

cl-scott
Level 12
Pretty sure those are all standard, so check Wikipedia or something for the ATX standard. Should probably be able to branch off from there to the various sub-types and competitors like ITX.

InnervateD
Level 10
you know google is a pretty good start.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Thanks guys, FormFactor.org yielded me layouts for both mATX and standard ATX, found an updated link from Intel in regards to Mini ITX (they now call it "thin" Mini ITX lol...though cannot find anything for eATX as I have discovered, is not an official standard lol.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Out of curiousity if anyone knows. I know that there are a couple RoG boards(Intel side) that use the eATX board size....are the dimensions and standoff mounts exactly the same or are they different between the boards?

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Out of curiousity if anyone knows. I know that there are a couple RoG boards(Intel side) that use the eATX board size....are the dimensions and standoff mounts exactly the same or are they different between the boards?

Extended ATX (EATX) 305×330 mm

As far as I know that is the standard.

Gorman wrote:
Extended ATX (EATX) 305×330 mm

As far as I know that is the standard.

Thanks, though I had read in a few different places that EATX wasn't an official ATX standard...not even FormFactor had any info on it...and they're the place to go for all the info you need on the different ATX standards, past and present...that's why I asked, hoping one of the @ASUS guys would see this thread and reply

HiVizMan
Level 40
The ROG boards you need to have measures I most probably have Myk but the holes are the same for the eATX boards and the ATX boards, they just run a little longer or wider depending how you look at it. But just give me a list of stuff you want measured and I will.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
The ROG boards you need to have measures I most probably have Myk but the holes are the same for the eATX boards and the ATX boards, they just run a little longer or wider depending how you look at it. But just give me a list of stuff you want measured and I will.

Well that's a good thing mate, knowing the layout for the standoffs are the same for EATX and ATX makes this a little bit easier...but, would there be any point to needing to know the standoff layout for say XL-ATX(HPTX) and W-ATX? I doubt i'll very rarely - if ever come across these board sizes lol.