cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra stability test

Retired
Not applicable
Hi!I am developing a new test tools for Intel Core i7 950 through evolutionary approach. The main advantage over other tests is that it is much faster.
But I would need to validate this tool not only through my PC, but also having a response with other data by other cpu.

For this reason, I wonder if you should run it and maybe compare it with other programs such as first, Linx ...
The main thing I wish is to have the results around the time of detection of the instability by the various tool (made by increasing or lowering the frequency to a rock solid CPU).

You would do me a huge favor!
Thanks in advance!

Download:
http://www.cad.polito.it/research/Evolutionary_Computation/files/M&G_v1b.zip

On this page you will find the next versions of the tool:
http://www.cad.polito.it/research/Evolutionary_Computation/Overclocking.html
11 REPLIES 11

Retired
Not applicable
i am a bit confused. can you show us some screenshots of how this stability tool is supposed to work?

Retired
Not applicable

Heh, well I guess not much to see there. Perhaps a little flame dancing on a CPU in the final version? 🙂

I think maybe Brian is interested in how the "evolutionary approach" is supposed to work. Are you saying that the actual test load changes on the fly or that you are trying different test loads with different versions of the program in order to evolve your tool?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Unlike the traditional stress test, this is intended to highlight the Speedpath processor, which means the slower path through the logic circuits of the CPU, which limits the maximum frequency, so does not need a running too long, and is very attached to processor on which it was developed.

Unlike other programs such as LINX, IBT occt ..., my program does not generate much heat because it generates few cache miss: ram-> cache (because the occupation of the memory of the program are a few Mb instead of Gb, IBT & co.) then the ram is not very tested, and the temperatures of the CPU does not grow much. In addition it dectects the system instability before other programs. Precisely for this reason, I would like to have more feedback from other users who have the same platform or other.

For example, in testing I tried it on my system ... situations of instability were detected only from my program ... while other test programs gave me rock solid as a result ... or, in other cases reported instability with more time ...

At the end of the test there will be a result: if the CPU is rock solid then the result will be "Pass", if the system is unstable, the result is "Fail!"

Retired
Not applicable
and what does this test do? what does it stress during stability? cpu gpu memory etc? does it put out a score?

xeromist
That is more informative, thank you! I'll be pretty much AFK for an entire week I suspect so no testing for me, but I hope you can find your guinea pigs. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Are there volunteers? Your feeback is very important for me ... I'm picking the experimental data to put in my thesis, please help me 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
Developed new release!

Download:
http://www.cad.polito.it/research/Evolutionary_Computation/files/M&G_v2a.zip

Changes:
- Optimized code and fixed some bugs.
- Addition of a progress bar.
- Running time.

On this page you will find the next versions of the tool:
http://www.cad.polito.it/research/Evolutionary_Computation/Overclocking.html

Comments and criticisms are welcome!

xeromist
Please post again next week to remind me to give this a try. Thanks!