Thread: G74SX Trackpad

ROG Member Array

G74SX Trackpad

My other laptop is a mac, nd i like the scrolling gesture that uses two fingers to scroll up and down. how can i get that on the laptop?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array PILGRIM's Avatar

If you have the Sentelic TouchPad on your G74, go to Windows Control Panel > Mouse >
    Finger Sensing Pad > Configure > On-pad Functions > (configure as desired)
    ASUS G74SX-3DE

ROG Member Array

it doesn't work 70percent of the time. Ive been through all the settings. I am so used to this with my macbook and two other laptops... it's become a bad habit now.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

If something is selected (even accidentally) with the Sentelic touchpad it will not two finger scroll. Try this - select some text on this web page so that it is highlighted. Now try to two finger scroll. You'll find you cannot. Tap the touchpad once to undo the text selection - then you'll be able to two finger scroll.

Adjusting settings in the "Wheel" and "Pointer Options" tabs of "Mouse Properties" can smooth out scrolling. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status= for details.

If you still experience problems, you may need to uninstall the Sentelic touchpad driver, reboot, then upgrade or reinstall the driver. If this fails, you may have a hardware problem with your touchpad.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT