cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

guide to a higher and stable overclock please :D

Retired
Not applicable
hi im sorry i have only just registered on here and was a bit unsure wether to email you direct or to post in forum but i would like some help with a stable over clock please as i do not have a lot of knowledge in this area.
i have used the ai tuning and got my 2500k up to 4.4 and everything is stable.
asus maximus iv extreme
2500k @ 4.4
8gb ddr3 2000 corsair vengeance running at 1866mhz
corsair h70
asus direct cuii gtx580
zalman 1000watt psu
2 x wd sata3 1tb in raid 0
wd 2tb storage drive

i have never been able to get my ram running any higher then 1866 and have not pushed further then the 4.4 ai overclock due to not knowing much about changing voltages or much about doing a manual oc so if there is anyway of showing me how to get a bit more from my cpu and ram it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks...bammage
2 REPLIES 2

Retired
Not applicable

Retired
Not applicable
bammage wrote:
hi im sorry i have only just registered on here and was a bit unsure wether to email you direct or to post in forum but i would like some help with a stable over clock please as i do not have a lot of knowledge in this area.
i have used the ai tuning and got my 2500k up to 4.4 and everything is stable.
asus maximus iv extreme
2500k @ 4.4
8gb ddr3 2000 corsair vengeance running at 1866mhz
corsair h70
asus direct cuii gtx580
zalman 1000watt psu
2 x wd sata3 1tb in raid 0
wd 2tb storage drive

i have never been able to get my ram running any higher then 1866 and have not pushed further then the 4.4 ai overclock due to not knowing much about changing voltages or much about doing a manual oc so if there is anyway of showing me how to get a bit more from my cpu and ram it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks...bammage

I was in the same boat, suck at 4.4 but now i can get to 5.1 Ghz. The max you can overclock depends on your cpu. You will need to play with some of the voltages and some other settings.

Follow Brians guide and check out my thread... the Asus guys (Raja & Brian) have been a great help with getting the most out of my mobo

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?2556-Corsair-memory

Btw sick with firmware 1303, 1409 caused me nothing but issues.