cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus 4 not working?

Retired
Not applicable
Rig is 2600k sandy bridge, cougar cmx 1000w psu,8g Gskill 2133(4x2), msi twin frozll 560 ti, 128g max iops ocz ssd.

Got everything put together and triple checked all connections. when i start it up everything comes on. I do notice the cpu light on the motherboard isnt lighting up. When i use rog connect it stays at cpu initial. No video. no bios beeps.
4 REPLIES 4

Fr0stX
Level 7
Looks like a CPU problem.

Is the 8 pin CPU connector connected? Sometime it is, but not completely and could lead to a black screen
I7-10700K @5.0Ghz
Asus Maximus Formula XII
32Gb Gskill Royal-Z @3600Mhz
Asus Strix RTX3090
Corsair HX850i

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. The 8 pin connector is connected. Ive double checked its connection and its still no change.

xeromist
At this point you want to reduce the total points of failure. Remove all cards, all but one stick of memory, all peripherals, etc. Just see if you can get it to post even if you don't have video. If you still can't get anything with that then you may want to take everything apart and check for bent pins. Reassemble the bare minimum on a non-conductive surface and try it one more time. If you get nothing then it is most likely a bad CPU or mobo.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
xeromist wrote:
At this point you want to reduce the total points of failure. Remove all cards, all but one stick of memory, all peripherals, etc. Just see if you can get it to post even if you don't have video. If you still can't get anything with that then you may want to take everything apart and check for bent pins. Reassemble the bare minimum on a non-conductive surface and try it one more time. If you get nothing then it is most likely a bad CPU or mobo.

ok thanks ill try that.