cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orion Pro Problem

BloodyMurder
Level 7
Hi i recently got myself a Orion Pro, Its working really well but i can hear myself through the mic.. When i talk i can hear myself through the mic and when i talk through the mic there is a high pitched screeching sound
5 REPLIES 5

JayJayPT
Level 7
I have the exact same problem and its really starting to annoy me

Just got one today and had same problem. Was able to find fix myself. Just to ensure you have the same problem, go into control panel, sound, and that the asus is green checked as default playback device. Now when you click to the recording tab, your mic should start activating and you hear yourself. If so... go back to playback tab and right click go to properties under the asus rog spitfire device. For this device under levels, there should be an additional bar labeled sidetone. Slide this to zero. If you had same issue as me, this should fix the problem. In 3rd party voice programs like ventrilo etc you will no longer hear yourself, and people will still hear you. Please reply if this fixes it.

Raja
Level 13
Yes, this is sidetone guys. It's a microsoft UAA driver feature for VOIP. Basically it was added by Microsoft to prevent people speaking too loudly into mics on well isolated headsets (to prevent fatigue). You can simply set the slider to 0 in properties.and you won't hear yourself any more. 🙂

dstank21
Level 7
After the strenuous amount of time it took me to register for this website, all I would like to say is I have been having this problem since December 10, and it ISN'T the sidetone. I muted and put that to 0 the day I got it, and I still am hearing myself through my headset, and I am having a high screeching noise. Any help? I have called a lot, but all I get is that it is my sidetone. I thought I'd come on here to ask

*EDIT:

Oh, and there is an echo, if that means anything

I think you should change it