cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K53E problem

AstralandArcane
Level 7
Relates to K53E laptop
I have experience a problem a number of times as described in the bois 218 fixes "Fix that System cannot power on if plug-in AC then press power button immediately." (or so I thought) and so decided to update my bios to said version. Updating bios went fine, but I've still experienced the same error. I decided to try bios 219 and the error still seems to be occuring, So I decided to dig deeper.

Event Viewer Shows the following log

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 9/12/2012 10:37:01 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Andrew-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:

0x8000000000000002

System
Andrew-PC

0x0
0x2
0x0
0xfffff8000329bf74
false

Minidump file should be linked below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/75hc4czq1aawgj3/120912-20092-01.zip

The thing is that it seems like a totally imaginary problem, as the laptop was shutdown properly (Paranoid laptop?)
another piece of information that may be 100% coincidental or not is that I have never had this error, when I turn my laptop on while it is connected to a monitor (which it is most of the time).
It's not a major drama as it's only occured maybe half a dozen times (I've had the laptop since around the start of the year), but I'd still like to find some sort of answer.
If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.
3 REPLIES 3

cl-scott
Level 12
I know they have to summarize changes in a relatively few words on BIOS changes, but from an electrical standpoint you can't just plug something in and use it immediately. It takes a second or two for the capacitors to fill. On a laptop, the battery often keeps these capacitors energized.

That all said, if you give it say 5ish seconds, and you still can't get the unit to power on, then you may want to consider sending it in for an RMA. It might be nothing, but it could be an early sign of an issue that will only get worse over time, so getting it taken care of quickly is probably best.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear about this, but the laptop itselft turns on no problems. But I get an error message during start up as if there were a loss of power. (I'm not an expert but it seems to me like it thinks it is restarting after having lost power?) But there was no loss of power, improper shutdown, or anything else like that.

Pitcher1
Level 9
hi, did you send back to ASUS service center to check and also tell them your environment or reproduce SOP.