Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I have Yamakasi Catleaps and an Achivia Shaiman with DP Active Display port adapters to get Full 7680x1440 support. The adapters don't wor that good and get disabled so buy ones with DP all ready in them and let them be the side panels so the middle main one won't have lag.

Trying out the 13.2 leaked betas... liking what I am seeing! a year back but finally some good drivers for the 7000 series.

New ROGer Array

Is there anyone here who has two 7970's crossfired that dosn't have the oversized HUD issue with far cry 3???? I have to physically remove the crossfire bridge or remove power to one of my cards and then the HUD and messages are ok in eyefinity. Seems like some people have 3 cards working ok and i'm wondering if its just a crossfire issue. Thanks

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array HK-47's Avatar

I have to do the same with 3 7970's using windows 7 64. I have tried everything I can think of to correct the hud issue in Far Cry 3.
    -Desktop-
    Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
    Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I have tried 13.1 WHQL, I don,t see real improvements from 12.11 beta 11.

I expect very good improvements from 13.2 though

I still cannot make Far Cry 3 to work, it crashes as soon as I load a game, mostly during load time that it crashes.

@Juanlo, do you start the AMD Catalyst Uninstaller from Add/remove programs before running the uninstaller utility?
    Last edited by KaRLiToS; 01-24-2013 at 01:41 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Nope, I don't use add/remove programs anymore for Catalyst drivers, I just run the new AMD uninstaller and it works great.

I've created a post at Rage3D but I also wanted to post it here, maybe you can help me to reproduce this problem. I have configured my monitors in Eyefinity 3x1 horizontal + 1 monitor in extended desktop mode, this way:

I have 3 monitors, the "fourth" monitor is the HDMI input of my middle monitor, I need to use it as a "fake" screen to enable HDMI audio (monitors 1 & 2 use displayport and monitor 3 uses DVI), because I can't enable 120 Hz mode via HDMI.

So, I have tested several games that work perfectly in Eyefinity. Most of them are part of AMD Gaming Evolved program. But all of them are showing problems, take a look at these pictures:

Battlefield 3

HUD is spread across all monitors, as well as directional indicators (you can see them on left monitor in this picture, they are orange)

DmC Devil May Cry

The view is zoomed, game is vert-

Dirt 3

HUD is spread across all monitors

F1 2012

HUD is spread across all monitors and some HUD elements are stretched (on the right monitor)

FarCry 3

HUD elements are stretched and spread across all monitors

Hitman Absolution

Menus are stretched and gameplay aspect ratio is wrong

Mafia 2

Some menu elements are invisible until you select them, menu is on left monitor

I have the feeling that these are not game bugs, maybe the ADL Libraries are reporting wrong information to the games when using extended desktop plus Eyefinity. As soon as I disable the 4th monitor, all games work perfectly.

If anybody else can confirm those problems, I would be very grateful. I'd like someone else to try it before reporting it to AMD. You don't need 4 monitors, you can recreate this with 3 monitors that have more than 1 input, just like I did.

I will test for you. Are you on windows 7 or 8?

Edit: I tested and I get the same results as yours. I am running 2x display port, 1 dvi. I connected a hdmi cable to my left monitor that is connected by display port and enabled picture in picture as my +1 display. I only tested BF3 but I am sure other games would show the same results as yours. Have you tried to disable crossfire and test?

Last edited by HK-47; 01-27-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    -Desktop-
    Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
    Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
    I will test for you. Are you on windows 7 or 8?
    Thanks for your help! I've tested it in Windows 8 and I was thinking to test also in Windows 7, but your signature says that you are using Windows 7 so I guess it happens in both.

Have you tried to disable crossfire and test?
    Yes, it makes no difference. I guess these games are using the AMD Display Library SDK. This library allows the developers to query the graphics driver and get info like:

- Enumerate AMD Eyefinity technology modes for both normal and bezel-compensated resolutions
    - Discover the topology of an AMD Eyefinity technology display mode, including which pixels are visible and which ones are "behind the bezel"
    - Identify the user's "Main Display"
    - Determine the number of viewable pixels in an AMD Eyefinity display mode

And I think the driver is reporting wrong values when using Eyefinity + Extended Desktop. I will ask AMD.

Indeed I am on windows 7. Hopefully when they fix this it will fix Far Cry 3 for me. My screen looks the same as yours running normal 3x1 eyefinity.
    -Desktop-
    Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

Indeed I am on windows 7. Hopefully when they fix this it will fix Far Cry 3 for me. My screen looks the same as yours running normal 3x1 eyefinity.
    It's possible, if the ADL libraries have some kind of bug, it may be affecting some configurations.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast