Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I have tried 13.2 b and 13.2 beta 3 and Borderlands 2 is now broken. Vsync on or off is broken. Mega Stutter

BF3 has good performance but it stutter a little with Vsync on while its much smoother with vsync off. But I get tearing with vsync off.

I might try RadeonPro and mess with it for the first time.

Looks like all games run much smoother.

I have another thing to mention. My first card doesn't idle on the memory anymore (500/1425) while the others are at 300/150. I don't know what can cause this. If you have any clue, let me know. (I'm not sure between: driver change, BIOS change, or MSI afterburner installed and then uninstalled...)

Last Thing : My first card always has less load on it

1St: 92%
    2nd: 98%
    3rd: 99%
    4th: 99%
    Last edited by KaRLiToS; 01-30-2013 at 03:19 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

For Battlefield 3 I recommend NOT using vsync, but limiting framerate. Look a couple of pages back and you will find out how to do it, it's much better and framerate is very stable. I will take a look at Borderlands 2 when I get a chance. Thanks for reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by KaRLiToS View Post
    Last Thing : My first card always has less load on it

1St: 92%
    2nd: 98%
    3rd: 99%
    4th: 99%
    I always assumed this to be normal, so does mine.
    This was benching catzilla last night on beta 13.2 B3 as luck would have it.

3770K @ 4.7Ghz

3770K @ 4.4Ghz

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
    i7 3770K @ 4.4ghz
    AMD 7970 HD x3 in TriFire @ 1200/1800.
    2x 240GHZ OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & 1x 512Gb Vertex 4
    16GB 2133mhz Patriot DDR3
    Ennermax Max Revo 1500w PSU
    Huge water loop with an internal EK 340mm & external Supernova 1260mm
    Windows 7 64 bit.

Aquaero Fan control & monitoring

ROG Member Array

Strange Karlitos. Played Borderlands 2 for 3 hours yesterday with 13.2 beta 3, and that game is now smooooth like butter for me (playing at 7680X1600 with 4X 7970 Quad-Fire). Never played better for me.

But now I'm getting the annoying ''Displayport out of range blah blah blah'' message more often when exiting any game. Annoying DP. I can go for days without getting that stupid message, but sometimes it's 3 or 4 games in a row (only when exiting a game...)". I've sent soooo many e-mails to AMD about that, never got a single answer.

3 X HP ZR30w, center with DVI, 2 sides with min-DP to DP. I have tried 10 different brand of mini-DP to DP cables, and even exchanged my HP ZR30w 2 times! and there is no way to get rid of that annoying error message... I got it less often with 12.11 beta. But now it's back with a vengeance with 12.3 beta.

Symptoms: when exiting any game to desktop, I get a window with ''Displayport out of range etc'' and my desktop resolution goes down. I then have to reboot my computer to get 7680X1600 back. It's totally random.

I have tried 13.2 b and 13.2 beta 3 and Borderlands 2 is now broken. Vsync on or off is broken. Mega Stutter
    I just tried Borderlands 2 and vsync does nothing, it does not matter if you enable or disable it in-game, it simply does not work (I'm not sure if it worked before, I'll have to try older drivers). But the game does not stutter for me, it plays really smooth, even when frames go below 60 it doesn't feel choppy as it did before. For me this title has improved with the new driver.

My first card doesn't idle on the memory anymore (500/1425) while the others are at 300/150. I don't know what can cause this
    This is also happening to me. And I think it also happened with 13.1 WHQL.

Quote Originally Posted by Levesque View Post
    But now I'm getting the annoying ''Displayport out of range blah blah blah'' message more often when exiting any game. Annoying DP. I can go for days without getting that stupid message, but sometimes it's 3 or 4 games in a row (only when exiting a game...)". I've sent soooo many e-mails to AMD about that, never got a single answer.
    I'm new to displayport, last week I bought 3 BenQ XL-2420T's for 120 Hz Eyefinity. I'm using two miniDP to DisplayPort cables for left and center monitors, and a Dual Link DVI cable to right monitor. The only strange things that I have seen so far are that monitors start blinking, it happens sometimes when starting Windows (it fixes itself after some seconds), and also a couple of times when launching single screen games with Eyefinity enabled (sometimes it ends crashing the computer with a sound loop). But no displayport related messages so far.

I have also noticed that with 13.1 driver, MSI Afterburner couldn't read GPU2 and GPU3 speeds and temperatures, only from GPU 1. But now with 13.2 beta 3 they work fine again.

EDIT: Can't believe it. After a couple of reboots, the only info MSI Afterburner gets from GPU2 and GPU3 are usage, fan speed and tachometer. No more clocks. Anyone else is having this problem?
    Last edited by Juanlo; 01-30-2013 at 07:41 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

@Juanlo. Thanks for your answers. As for Borderlands 2, its the only game that i'm having problem with 13.2. Fraps records 60 fps but its stutter real hard, I really don't know why. I should make a video. I have tried to verify Game Cache in Steam Library and mess around with the video settings, no luck. But when I go back to 13.1 or 12.11 beta 11, it's fine again.

I have tried manual uninstall, Drivercleaner.net uninstall, and of course new AMD uninstall utility which does a great job (on Windows 7 only).

About your issue, have you tried to use another monitoring program, I use aida64 extreme and I don,t see those issues. I bet its only a conflict between the "MSI afterburner version you are using" + the 13.2 beta only".

Try Aida64 and report back if you can

Thanks a lot

Hi Levesques, good to see you here

I also have some Display Port Failure message .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	displayport_link_failure.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	16543

I hate having this right or left monitors (with miniDP) flicker... It happen less since 12.11 beta 11.
    -Everytime I start a game for the first time and change the resolution from lets say "1920x1080" to "8044 x1440" all screens goes black and are suppose to be now set in eyefinity but I receive this Error Message with a flickering monitor and need to unplug my miniDP cable to reset.
    -It also happen when messing with graphics settings (in-game/apply...) .
    -It also does it often when I adjust bezel compensation.
    -When I enable Eyefinity in CCC or arrange screens order.

If it happen, I just unplug the miniDP connection of the flickering screen and replug it in the card right away, the eyefinity array just resets back. (All monitors go blank and then all 3 screens turn back to normal). Need to restart game if in-game. It rarely happen on both monitors at the same time.

3 x CrossOvers 27Q LED-P (2560x1440)

Center Monitor: DVI to DVI
    Left Monitor: DVI to miniDP to DVI active adapter (USB powered)
    Right Monitor: DVI to miniDP to DVI active adapter (USB powered)

Seems like my left monitor do it more ofter compare to the right one, maybe because I have a 10' DVI cable instead of 6'.

I have tried two different dongles for miniDP to DVI USB powered

One from AMD Eyefinity Hardware Compatibility List
    http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/...y-dongles.aspx

Accell B087B-003J

Name:	31fHgEuAN2L.jpg 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	16544

StarTech MDP2DVID

Name:	10196228.jpg 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	16545
    Last edited by KaRLiToS; 01-31-2013 at 02:47 AM.

@Juanlo. Thanks for your answers. As for Borderlands 2, its the only game that i'm having problem with 13.2
    Have you tried to change Crossfire mode from quad to tri? It could be a driver issue with 4 cards

Try Aida64 and report back if you can
    I'll try that one, thanks

I hate having this right or left monitors (with miniDP) flicker... It happen less since 12.11 beta 11.
    -Everytime I start a game for the first time and change the resolution from lets say "1920x1080" to "8044 x1440" all screens goes black and are suppose to be now set in eyefinity but I receive this Error Message with a flickering monitor and need to unplug my miniDP cable to reset.
    -It also happen when messing with graphics settings (in-game/apply...) .
    -It also does it often when I adjust bezel compensation.
    -When I enable Eyefinity in CCC or arrange screens order.
    Yeah, I get this often when starting a game for the first time, but I don't get any error messages (Windows 8 feature?). But when configured, I can play for hours with no issues at all

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array HK-47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levesque View Post
    Strange Karlitos. Played Borderlands 2 for 3 hours yesterday with 13.2 beta 3, and that game is now smooooth like butter for me (playing at 7680X1600 with 4X 7970 Quad-Fire). Never played better for me.

3 X HP ZR30w, center with DVI, 2 sides with min-DP to DP. I have tried 10 different brand of mini-DP to DP cables, and even exchanged my HP ZR30w 2 times! and there is no way to get rid of that annoying error message... I got it less often with 12.11 beta. But now it's back with a vengeance with 12.3 beta.

Symptoms: when exiting any game to desktop, I get a window with ''Displayport out of range etc'' and my desktop resolution goes down. I then have to reboot my computer to get 7680X1600 back. It's totally random.
    I use to get the display port messages awhile back when I was getting the system freezes. About every cable I bought had pin 20 connected in the cable when it is not supposed to be. It back feeds 3.3v back into the card. I tested monster and startech mini-DP to DP cables. I finally did away with using Mini-DP to DP cables. I am now using a regular Belkin DP cable and using the Mini-DP to DP female dongles that were packaged with my cards. Here is a link to the cable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B0017...=vglnkc5652-20

I have not had the displayport message since switching to these cables.
    -Desktop-
    Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
    Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

ROG Member Array

Thank you HK-47. I will try that for sure!

Sigh. Talked to fast... I just ordered 2 of those Belkin cables but but.... I have 4X Asus 7970 vanilla and 2X Asus 7970 DCT2 at home (yes, 6X 7970), and there is no mini-DP to DP dongles included with any of those cards!!!!

Sigh. Always those annoying persky details...

HK. Can you point me to a link where I can get those stupid dongles? I can't find those anywhere... I found some on Monoprice, but they are too large, and won't fit since both Mini-DP connectors are so close together on the7970...

Thank you Asus. 3000$ in cards, not a single 2$ dongle included... Who do I need to contact or send an e-mail or PM to at Asus to get 2 of those cheap dongles? Can anyone direct me?

Thank you all.
    Last edited by Levesque; 01-31-2013 at 05:29 PM.

ROG Member Array

My DP errors lessened considerably (Used to have them like daily and now once or twice a week) once I started feeding the adapters direct 1A usb power from an outside source other then the motherboard. I have a electrical outlet serving that purpose.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast