Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Juanlo View Post
    For the DisplayPort link issue, someone just posted at Rage3D the following fix, I'll try it as soon as I get home:

Fast forward to last week, when I did some googling and noticed that few other people were having issues with displayport and that it was remedied by disabling DDC in their monitor (my monitor doesn't have any setting to disable it), and further googling showed that AMD External Events Utility is the equilivant of this. I hastily disabled it, and low & behold, the dropouts _almost_ vanished..
    For me it did not work. I installed the catalyst 13.1, disabled the service AMD External Event Utility and reproduce the same error (after exit some games, reset resolution to 680x420, reboot necessary and to enable Eyefinity for the first time, the same behavior). I went back to 12.10.
    Core i7-3930K \ 16Gb de RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz \ Asus Rampage IV Extreme \ 2x SSD - Intel 520 240gb - RAID 0 \ Seagate 500 + 1000 + 2000 \ ASUS GTX 690 \ Corsair AX1200W \ Lian-Li Tyr PC-X2000 \ Nvidia Surround - 3X Apple LED Cinema Display 27' \ Bose Companion 5 \ SteelSeries Xai Mouse & Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Edition \ Windows 8 Pro - 64 bits

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Well. 13.2 Beta 5 - FC3 doesn't even launch anymore. Errors out right away at the logo.
    3d mark still does smthg with the drivers - any GPU OC = locks up screen, music playes, ctrl+alt+del = apparently drivers tottaly fail and system locks up. NO GPU OC = runs first test, then white screen, then nothing, ctrl+alt+del = same as above. screen goes dark, system locks up.

done 2h of Heaven 3.0 maxed out, as well as 3d mark 11 maxed out - no issues there with and without GPU OC.

Crysis 3 sort of works, but at eyefinity 5760x1080 resolution i get awesome 14fps with my rig

P.S. in respect to Borderlands: are physX disabled ? for some reason "high" setting produced this latency spikes in the main menu. ( although technically there shouldn't be any physX involved, no particles flying around or anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Juanlo View Post
    I just checked it after installing the new beta 5 and mine doesn't look like yours, it's much more smooth. Have you tried to change the fps limiter from the game menu? Do you get better results with different values?

By the way, I disabled the AMD service and it didn't fix my displayport problems.

Yes I have tried all options. and like Akriant asked, Physx is turned off and not even installed so far because I have fresh Windows OS so I can't enable it in game (need to be installed). Even if I install it and put it at low, it was fine with 13.1 and 12.11 beta 11.

Even when I put High Physx, the game was still smooth ... until intense action scenes and lot pf particles and objects.

I have played more than 200 hours of Borderlands 2 and never had any issue until 13.2 BETAs. I have messed with all FPS limiter in game, all options, messed in the .ini, re-install windows, re-download BL2. Nothing works. But all other games ARE FINE .

I confirm, clearly Driver issues on my side. ?? Maybe because of my Accell Dongles (USB powered) mini-DP to DVI Adapter ?? I say this because I don't see much people hooked to 1440p/1600p monitors with those kind of dongles.
    Last edited by KaRLiToS; 02-07-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Ok. I've messed around with my pc a bit more today.
    1. FC3 does not work with Beta 5 drivers. Crashes on logo ( I get Program stopped working message right away). Reverting to previous official drivers seem to allow me to get the game started ( still crashes when I try to do a certain mission or fast travel - settings and eyefinity/single screen options make 0 difference)
    2. Fixed the 3d mark 11 issue. if anyone will encounter white screen lockups - it's not the drivers, it's 3dmark hungering for HPET to be on in Bios ( mine was off).
    3. Still crazy menu flickers in Planetside 2 when Eyefinity is on, but I suspect SOE to be the culprit

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

FC3 crashed for me when launching it via the DX9 executable. When I double-clicked on the DX11 one, it ran fine

Well, in my case it launches the Uplay ( even if I start via dx11 exe) and then FC3 logo aaand "stopped working" error. I've read on tpu that it can be fixed by dropping aticfm and atidxx dlls in to the folder from 12.11 drivers. Might check that out today

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Is Rage launching for any of you? Mine gets stuck with 100% CPU usage in two threads after launching it. I have tried the 64 bit option from Steam, it launches in windowed mode. As soon as I press alt-enter, it hangs. I'm not sure if this is a Windows 8 problem, I can't access my old Windows 7 partition (bad image recovery).

ROG Enthusiast Array

Anyone getting flickering and tearing in BL2 with eyefinity and Vsync off?

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone is getting terrible flickering, banding, and tearing when playing Borderlands 2 in eyefinity mode when vsync is forced off? I do and it renders the game unplayable. Sometimes happens with other games and the ones that work I suspect is because the games turn on Vsync. I have tried two different mini-dp dongles (Accell and XFX dongle) mixing dp with dvi using one or both dongles, moving preferred display, alternating dvi freq and reducing dvi frequency setting and none of that works. Only way is to turn on vsync which limits max gpu utilization among my three 6970s that have three Samsung PX2370 LED monitors attached. Using the 13.2 beta 4 right now in Trifire mode. This hasn't worked right since 12.3 honestly but I'm happy limited to 60fps as its very smooth non the less. Still would like better fps even still...

Thanks.

Edit: All the research I did only found that its a hardware dp - dvi timing issue. No real fix. Complained to AMD few months back and they sent me a broken dp dongle that didn't even work. What I am confused about is if its even possible to mix dvi and dp dongles when vsync is off?
    Last edited by davidm71; 02-08-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: dongled out!

Ehh ok. Something is fishy with those beta drivers.

I get random game lockups now in DMC and Dead Space 3. Thank god I can ctrl alt delete from them, but still.
    And bfr lockup there are no artifacts that would indicate card's fault.
    Furthermore cards temperature stays at 35C/34/34
    Furthermore lockups are gone when I play on one screen

God I hope they didn't edit something in regards to X79 fix

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast