Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Other betatester said at Rage3D forums that a Crysis 3 patch is in the works, a patch that should boost Crossfire performance, hopefully it will enhance GPU usage with more than 2 GPUs. But if this was never fixed in Crysis 2 I wouldn't be very optimistic about it. I wish all games scaled like Battlefield 3 does.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanlo View Post
    I wish all games scaled like Battlefield 3 does.
    Me too.
    Its really disappointing to have to disable one of my 7970's and doesn't make me want to rush out and buy a 4th anytime soon.

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
    i7 3770K @ 4.4ghz
    AMD 7970 HD x3 in TriFire @ 1200/1800.
    2x 240GHZ OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & 1x 512Gb Vertex 4
    16GB 2133mhz Patriot DDR3
    Ennermax Max Revo 1500w PSU
    Huge water loop with an internal EK 340mm & external Supernova 1260mm
    Windows 7 64 bit.

Aquaero Fan control & monitoring

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

So, I was in contact with Ubisoft in regards to my issue with FC3
    Here's what they wrote back to me after examining my msinfo

After taking a look at your system files, it seems the FC3Updater is crashing due to the inability to detect your system.

I also noticed that Devil May Cry is crashing from Visual C++ and your Video Drivers. You may want to contact AMD and find out if they have any knowledge of Visual C++ crashes related to their latest driver.

Unfortunately there is no way for me to directly resolve the issue but will be glad to help in any way I can otherwise. Let me know if you are able to find further information.

I went through all the latest beta drivers to no avail.

It may sound stupid, but I would try to uninstall ALL Visual C++ runtimes and reinstall the latest version (both x86 and x64). Aliens Colonial Marines was crashing for me at launch until I did this.

Will do that tonight!

Good luck! By the way, you are not alone with the Far Cry 3 hud problems. I have found this thread at wsgf forums and there are more people affected. And I can confirm it's not a driver problem, it's a game bug when it tries to find out the correct aspect ratio. I don't know why it doesn't work for some people with identical Eyefinity configurations.

AMD offers the AML SDK so that developers can query the graphics driver about the multiscreen configuration: width, height, number of screens, user's main screen, pixels behind the bezels, etc. But as far as I know, most developers aren't using these libraries, they just try to get this info "manually", and it looks like some of them can't do it properly. That's the reason why all games I listed a couple of pages back don't work properly in multimonitor mode under unusual Eyefinity configurations, like a 4th extended monitor not included into the Eyefinity group (the same applies to nVidia Surround).
    Last edited by Juanlo; 02-28-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akriant View Post
    So, I was in contact with Ubisoft in regards to my issue with FC3
    Here's what they wrote back to me after examining my msinfo

After taking a look at your system files, it seems the FC3Updater is crashing due to the inability to detect your system.

I also noticed that Devil May Cry is crashing from Visual C++ and your Video Drivers. You may want to contact AMD and find out if they have any knowledge of Visual C++ crashes related to their latest driver.

Unfortunately there is no way for me to directly resolve the issue but will be glad to help in any way I can otherwise. Let me know if you are able to find further information.

I went through all the latest beta drivers to no avail.

Hey bud, I also have issues playing FC3 , the games crashes as soon as it load or sometime I can make 4-5 minutes in the game then the game crash.

I tried reinstalling windows, redownloading the game, uplay, nothing works. BUG

Guys, check this out

Price/performance, higher is better

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Price-Performance.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	17762

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	update.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	17763
    Last edited by KaRLiToS; 03-01-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Hey bud, I also have issues playing FC3 , the games crashes as soon as it load or sometime I can make 4-5 minutes in the game then the game crash.

I tried reinstalling windows, redownloading the game, uplay, nothing works. BUG
    Thx mate, glad to hear I'm not alone

I've reinstalled all the Visual C++ redists

Started the game and bam it crashed on me within 5 mins with the driver stopping to respond.

Tried without OC - crashed during one of the loading screens. And with 13.2 beta 6 had some bizarre artifacts in a form of blinking lines ( as if vsync was going crazy).

Loaded Kombuster burn-in test to retest my cards. - no issues.

I give up on FC3 for the time being.

If only all games ran like Crysis 3 of BF3 ... ehhhh

Ok, I'll play FC3 this weekend and will let you know

Thanks.
    BTW it doesn't seem to happen with 1 card ( if I turn CF off). Havn't tried with 2 ( only 1 and 3 cards)

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast