Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Ehh ok. Something is fishy with those beta drivers.

I get random game lockups now in DMC and Dead Space 3. Thank god I can ctrl alt delete from them, but still.
    And bfr lockup there are no artifacts that would indicate card's fault.
    Furthermore cards temperature stays at 35C/34/34
    Furthermore lockups are gone when I play on one screen

God I hope they didn't edit something in regards to X79 fix

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I have finished DmC with no issues at all using the beta drivers

ROG Member Array

Hey Juanlo,

sorry for the wrong forum section, realized it too late.

Have you ever encountered this? http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

Cheers

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Juanlo View Post
    I have finished DmC with no issues at all using the beta drivers
    Beta 5 specifically ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akriant View Post
    Beta 5 specifically ?
    Because basically here's what I'm experiencing: when I played DMC or Dead Space I got the games video image freezing on me, while the audio continued just fine.
    In both cases it happens mostly during custcenes.
    DMC - I can ctrl-alt-del . Dead Space - usually gives me 0x000001A error or similar pointing to ATI drivers.
    In both cases issue goes away when I use just one screen.

OC of GPUs don't seem to matter, since I get this issues on stock as well.

Just in case I've used Heaven 3.0 today at max settings + max tessellation distance + eyefinity today. Left it like this for 5h, came back after 5h - everything worked great. Log showed constant 99% GPU utilization on all GPU's.
    No artifacts no issues that would point to faulty GPU or faulty VRAM

And CPU is stable via Prime95 run that I've done recently ( with 30 gigs of ram used by prime)

GPU logs show that neither DMC no Dead Space 3 uses anywhere near the full load on any of the GPUs.

So that's why I come to conclusion that something is wrong with the drivers.

P.S. on the side note - yesterday I enabled HPET via windows too. so I haven't tested any games today with HPET being enabled both in bios and windows.

Akirant, I received the BSOD 0xa000001 in Dead Space 3 today, I think it is related to Vsync, are you running vsync off?

Why Dead Space 3 is locked at 30 fps?

Yes I do.

And all Dead Space games were locked at 30. you can unlock it via dxoverride.

Also I've reverted to 13.1 -> dead space 3 runs like a champ now.

Finished DMC with 13.1 -> no problems

But now I'm back to Far Cry 3 crashing on me ( randomly from nowhere - the image just freezes, then I have to ctrl+ ald+del and close the program, I even tried to upping the voltage to 1.2 AND setting the GPUs to stock which is a fair overkill for those clocks - still same symptoms)

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I finished DmC with beta 2. I don't have DS3 so I can't check it out, but I will try to reproduce the problem with DmC cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Scorpion View Post
    No, I don't have that problem. If anyone else has seen this, please post here.
    Last edited by Juanlo; 02-10-2013 at 08:41 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array HK-47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juanlo View Post
    Is Rage launching for any of you? Mine gets stuck with 100% CPU usage in two threads after launching it. I have tried the 64 bit option from Steam, it launches in windowed mode. As soon as I press alt-enter, it hangs. I'm not sure if this is a Windows 8 problem, I can't access my old Windows 7 partition (bad image recovery).
    Rage will not launch with crossfire enabled, disable it and it works fine with a single card. On a single card the game runs fine for me @ eyefinity resolution 5760x1080 60hz. I think OpenGL games need to be coded to work with multi gpu systems. I tried AFR mode and all the others and only way to get the game to launch was to disable crossfire.
    -Desktop-
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme / I7 3960x @ 4.5 ghz / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 (CMZ8GX3M2A2133C11R) / 1x Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / WD 500GB drive / 3x 7970 MSI @ 1175/1600 / Corsair AX1200 PSU / Thermaltake Level 10 GT case / H100 Cooler / Aerocool 2000 fan contoler / Win7 x64 Pro / Asus VE278Q(2) Ausu VK278Q(1) Monitors arranged 3x1 Eyefinity @ 6000x1080 Res.

-Laptop-
    Asus G46vw I7-3740qm / 128GB Crucial mSATA boot drive / 720gb data drive / Windows 7 x64

So DS3 for a fact behaves fine with 13.1 WHQL ; since my last fiasco with 13.2 betas 5 I've puten 4h in DS3 with 13.1 - and everything works. It appears that during cutscenes ( aka usual moments where with 13.2 betas 5 the game was freezing) the GPUs usages goes from 22-30% to 67-80% spike. I've monitored that via afterburner OSD. It also appears that similar behavior is observed in DMC
    With the betas 5 it is at that point that clocks drop to 2d states and video freezes.

Behavior is only observed when running tri-fire. SIngle cards works fine

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast