Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Get in line! Waiting for those 12.12 betas that will make me grow in places I like

In other news... Just removed my second crossfire cable... sweet lord oh almighty!!!! Had the sweetest game play ever with my eyefinity setup at last!

FPS is borked with two cards (Barely going over 20 fps with high settings) but downgraded the graphics and I am back to fragging noobs in BF3 again!

ROG Member Array

2x Gigabyte 7950s on F3 bios on Water.

Forgot to mention I am playing on Three 2560x1440 screens :>

ROG Guru: Comunist Array Dartmaul PC Specs
    Dartmaul PC Specs
    MotherboardRIVE
    Processor4930k
    Memory (part number)F3-19200CL9Q-16GBZMD \ F3-17600CL7Q-8GBPIS
    Graphics Card #1R9 290X
    Graphics Card #2R9 290X
    Sound CardXonar DX
    MonitorDell U2913WM + 3 x Asus VW225N (Eyefinity)
    Storage #12 x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (RAID0)
    Storage #24 x Seagate ST1000DM003 (RAID0)
    CPU CoolerKoolance CPU-370SI LGA2011
    CaseLD PC-V4 Black
    Power SupplyOCZ ZX 1250W
    Keyboard Logitech G11, G13, G710, Steelseries 6Gv2, Func KB-460 (red)
    Mouse Roccat Kone, Kone XTD, Kone XTD Optical, Func MS-3
    Headset Roccat Kave, Func HS-260
    Mouse Pad Steelseries SX. Roccat Raivo, Siru, Apuri, Func F-10L, 1030XL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS Win 7/8.1/10
    Network RouterTP-Link N600

Seems the res makes a huge difference since 7970 and 7950 are pretty close.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array HK-47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akriant View Post
    Anyone got a fix for tri-fire and Far Cry 3 ?
    Game doesn't crash here just stutuuutters badly..
    -Desktop-
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme / I7 3960x @ 4.5 ghz / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 (CMZ8GX3M2A2133C11R) / 1x Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / WD 500GB drive / 3x 7970 MSI @ 1175/1600 / Corsair AX1200 PSU / Thermaltake Level 10 GT case / H100 Cooler / Aerocool 2000 fan contoler / Win7 x64 Pro / Asus VE278Q(2) Ausu VK278Q(1) Monitors arranged 3x1 Eyefinity @ 6000x1080 Res.

-Laptop-
    Asus G46vw I7-3740qm / 128GB Crucial mSATA boot drive / 720gb data drive / Windows 7 x64

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

For Fary Cry 3, limiting framerate is the way to remove stuttering. Edit My Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3\GamerProfile.xml and add the following text just after ShowFps="0":

MaxFps="45"

You can test with different values from 30 to 60, even 30 gives a very smooth and stable framerate. For me it completely fixed the stuttering with trifire & eyefinity in DX11. If you change graphics settings within the game, you may have to edit the xml file again to add the MaxFps value.

By the way, I have yet to see a crash in Far Cry 3.

ROG Member Array

Screen tearing and eyefinity - Some info

I've been fighting with the screen tearing issue with my eyefinity setup and I have learned a lot through my web travels. I cannot confirm this information as 100% accurate but it makes sense at least to me.

1. We all know that in eyefinity setups the displays must all be driven off the same video card.
    2. Most high end AMD video cards have a combination of outputs. The most common I have seen are 2x Mini display port, 1x hdmi and 1xdvi
    3. Screen tearing is caused by a vertical sync that is not timed properly with a frame update on the video card.
    4. Vsync is required on all displays simutaneously to eleminate screen tearing but is sometimes not possible... see below.

This allows you to connect without much fuss up to 4 displays. The part you are typically not told about is how many indepentant sync signals the card can generate. The number is almost always 2.

This causes a problem when running in 3+ monitor setups. As you add more than 2 displays the video card is forced to clone one of the syncs to more than one display. This would be fine if all of the output types on the video card had the same specifications.... which they do not. This diffrence manifests itself as an incorrect vsync happening on at least one of the displays (sometimes two). The effect is dramatically worse on portrait mode setups.

The way to resolve this issue is to either get a video card with 4x mini display port outs (rare) and only use those outputs, or get a Display port 1.2 Hub and chain all monitors off that.

Both of these solutions are bad, however, as you probably dont want to buy a new video card and Display port 1.2 Hubs are still a fantasy right now.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array HK-47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juanlo View Post
    For Fary Cry 3, limiting framerate is the way to remove stuttering. Edit My Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3\GamerProfile.xml and add the following text just after ShowFps="0":

MaxFps="45"

You can test with different values from 30 to 60, even 30 gives a very smooth and stable framerate. For me it completely fixed the stuttering with trifire & eyefinity in DX11. If you change graphics settings within the game, you may have to edit the xml file again to add the MaxFps value.

By the way, I have yet to see a crash in Far Cry 3.

I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong with the hud in this game. I see some people with the Hud positioned correct in eyefinty and nvidia surround. For me it is in the left screen top center and enlarged way to big. Anyone else's Hud all jacked up?
    -Desktop-
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme / I7 3960x @ 4.5 ghz / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 (CMZ8GX3M2A2133C11R) / 1x Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / WD 500GB drive / 3x 7970 MSI @ 1175/1600 / Corsair AX1200 PSU / Thermaltake Level 10 GT case / H100 Cooler / Aerocool 2000 fan contoler / Win7 x64 Pro / Asus VE278Q(2) Ausu VK278Q(1) Monitors arranged 3x1 Eyefinity @ 6000x1080 Res.

-Laptop-
    Asus G46vw I7-3740qm / 128GB Crucial mSATA boot drive / 720gb data drive / Windows 7 x64

ROG Member Array

I have the same problem as you Hk-47.

ROG Member Array

Quick Update... Downclocked all three cards to 800 and all of my crashes went away... Unstable OC on even factory settings?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
    I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong with the hud in this game. I see some people with the Hud positioned correct in eyefinty and nvidia surround. For me it is in the left screen top center and enlarged way to big. Anyone else's Hud all jacked up?
    HUD is fine for me. Be sure to use the same resolution for desktop and for the game. For desktop I always use a non-bezel compensated resolution but for games I usually play with bezel-compensation. As far as I know, some games don't behave correctly when their resolution is different thank desktop's, so It's worth a try (if you haven't already tried it).

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_McKinley View Post
    I've been fighting with the screen tearing issue with my eyefinity setup and I have learned a lot through my web travels. I cannot confirm this information as 100% accurate but it makes sense at least to me.

1. We all know that in eyefinity setups the displays must all be driven off the same video card.
    2. Most high end AMD video cards have a combination of outputs. The most common I have seen are 2x Mini display port, 1x hdmi and 1xdvi
    3. Screen tearing is caused by a vertical sync that is not timed properly with a frame update on the video card.
    4. Vsync is required on all displays simutaneously to eleminate screen tearing but is sometimes not possible... see below.

This allows you to connect without much fuss up to 4 displays. The part you are typically not told about is how many indepentant sync signals the card can generate. The number is almost always 2.

This causes a problem when running in 3+ monitor setups. As you add more than 2 displays the video card is forced to clone one of the syncs to more than one display. This would be fine if all of the output types on the video card had the same specifications.... which they do not. This diffrence manifests itself as an incorrect vsync happening on at least one of the displays (sometimes two). The effect is dramatically worse on portrait mode setups.

The way to resolve this issue is to either get a video card with 4x mini display port outs (rare) and only use those outputs, or get a Display port 1.2 Hub and chain all monitors off that.

Both of these solutions are bad, however, as you probably dont want to buy a new video card and Display port 1.2 Hubs are still a fantasy right now.
    The only drivers that have no tearing in Eyefinity for me are Catalyst 12.6, 12.7 and 12.8. Starting with 12.9, tearing has returned and I have reported it several times to AMD, but so far they seem unable to reproduce the problem on their labs. I know there are people that can use mixed outputs with no tearing at all, so I guess with mixed outputs it somehow depends on the monitors you are using. Mine are pretty bad by the way, the cheapest I could find at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by king4x4 View Post
    Quick Update... Downclocked all three cards to 800 and all of my crashes went away... Unstable OC on even factory settings?
    It's strange, could it be a PSU problem? Have you tried a different one?
    Last edited by Juanlo; 12-20-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast