cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g75vx windows 8 slow bootup

welemski
Level 7
Hi all,

I was having trouble with my 1 week old g75vx. The boot up process is very very slow. It took 10 minutes to do whole power cycle. That is it took 10 minutes from restart to booting up.

I'm also having DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE of some kind.

I can post a minidump if anyone is kind enough to debug the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

rewben
Level 13
press win+x key, from the popup run command prompt (admin); run "sfc /scannow" without quote. see if this help to get rid of the bsod.

can you recall what you have done before this happened? (e.g. driver updates, installed new software, etc.)

welemski
Level 7
I actually did the sfc /scannow but the bootup process still sluggish. I think it already fells kinda slow when I picked the machine from the local store.

DRAKON
Level 7
This very much looks like HDD problem. Try some program to check the condition of the HDD ( for example HD Tune ).

rewben
Level 13
yeah it's worth a try to check the hdd, but it's like relating to driver to me. can you please use bluescreenview and capture some screenshots of the results?

Hi all ,

Sorry for the late reply been busy this week.

Anyhow here's the screenshot for the power_driver_state_failure screenshots however I can give a minidump to anyone interested and kind enough to debug the issue for me and for the community in-case I'm not the only one who is having this kind of issue:

http://imgur.com/chcTY

I hope ASUS updates their driver/software for Windows8

THanks all

welemski
Level 7
my rog g75vx is getting worse by the way just to let the community know. Previously it took 10 minutes for the whole power cycle to complete that it is it took 10 minutes for my laptop to bootup. Now, it wont even load the windows 8 start screen.

That's it I've lost hope; I will be bringing my rog laptop to ASUS service center today.

Thanks for all your help.