cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area 66 lab

Area_66
Level 11
Here some pic of my shop, since I'm semi-retire I have mainly only business customers, I go to their place no one come in my shop, but still I need on,e since I focus on hardware, I don,t have money left to decorate the walls, so don,t look too much at them, lol

First, the main shop when we go inside the building, nothing special, my OLD 21" CTR at firts plan, another space for repair something and far the shop PC

Here a closer look at the shop PC, an old gaming PC that I recycle, I use it to search info on the web or download drivers , only the CPU is still under water. Maximus III Extreme

here the other side, with another space to make some work

Finally we go down in the lab , firs pic a view of the VM servers and my Data transfer work station

Here a closer look to the servers, not at the end it's a Silverstone TJ-07 also retire, it as a quad and triple rad inside , you also have on the wall a Rampage II gene that die of cooling ( Liquid Nitrogen ) , you have few Antec 300, a Supermicro with 2 xeon that I use as a SAN and a huge server at bottom , it'S my library server, I keep the non use VM and ISO there

A closer lock at the D-link 8 ports KVM to manage the servers

The data transfer, I use it to clone HD, or back up or save customer HD the PC at the side as a sata and power cable going out and also few USB enclosure, and of course some computer book

Here my Bino for work on bent cpu socket pins, or other close work

View of the other side , we can see at back my Vmware Workstaion PC, and few electronic testing equipment

Closer look of my Vmware WS PC, an old Therrmaltake Armor case with a FX-8150 and Crosshair motherboard , my most trusty PC , some more book and a super micro motherboard with 2 xeon on it. you can also see one of my UPS at the back of the case

My electonic lab

Spare tubing and at the back my RO-DI unti to make my own water for the WC pc I build

here a look at some spare part, you can see few rads, a Noctua DH14 and another one, a Cooler Master 212 and few HD cage

that's it for now
47 REPLIES 47

HiVizMan
Level 40
Always good to get an insight into the folks we know so well here on ROG. Thank you for sharing with us all my friend.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Love poking around workshops....even virtually....cheers Area66:D

Area_66
Level 11
Actually I prepare it for another forum, I tough I can post it here, even if it's annoying server stuff , it as a full load off ROG boards that I don't use anymore. I can't sell them it will broke my hearth

chrsplmr
Level 18
Sweet !!! ... wait .. there are other forums ??? I'm confused ..

All joking aside ... nice set up A66 .. but I must confess after getting to know you
here .. I expected Art on the walls, color, real Art .. not white .. blank .. seriously ..
I had a completely different image ... and no wine ??? really ?? hehehe .. ( J/K ) Sweet.c.

Area_66
Level 11
Chris, if I put paint there, my wife will ask me to re paint all the house, she will say " you put paint in the shop and not in the house. "

here a pic of my setup in 1988 , they was no ROG at the time , look in the box at the bottom you can see my David Clark head set , was a time when I don't have problem of vision yet, I was flying planes. I have a pic of 1981 someplace , with an Apple I will try to find it

Gorman
Level 12
> Those servers
> That KVM

That's hot man, I love it. Great setup. Inspirational.

You should rack your servers up. I recently racked up a box that used to be in an Antec 300 case. Personally I just love racks...

Area_66
Level 11
Rack is a near future project , with few Cisco router ( old , from Ebay ) if only I can find a good forum about networking for small peoples like me , not admin of enterprise or data center.

TenBlade
Level 11
Nice man-cave, AND making some money on it! WIn-win.
Thx for sharing :cool:

Area_66
Level 11
Gorman, I have the sick Idea to stack 3 or 4 of those beast one over the other ? Liquid cooled server rack . This is ROG sick no ?