cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SX-RH71 "All Lights On/Off" button no longer turns the keyboard lights on/off

Kherr
Level 7
So I had some problems with this laptop a couple of months ago and sent it in for repairs. Since getting this laptop back the "all lights on/off" button only turns on/off the top four quick select buttons (power, lights, cpu, and splendid screen button thing). The keyboard remains on even when in the off mode. I have to manually turn the keyboard lights off and then back on again when I desire.

Also, the GUI for turning all lights on and off is missing. The animated icon thing that pops up when you press the "all lights on/off" button that says "all lights on" or "all lights off" on-screen is missing entirely. Similar to the Adaptor Mode or Battery Mode that pops up when you plug in or unplug the laptop.

My question is does anyone know what happens to be wrong with it? Before I had to send it in it was working perfectly and I frequently used the button to turn all the lights on my laptop off when I went to bed when I was leaving it on so it could perform a defrag or anti-virus scan or game installation what-have-you. How can I fix this so that I don't have to manually (and annoyingly) turn the keyboad's lights on and off? Not that it's a HUGE problem or anything, but I'm just curious as Google doesn't seem to have anyone else having this issue with this particular laptop.

Thanks for any help in advance. :3

Global Moderator for
3 REPLIES 3

Pitcher1
Level 9
did you checnk ATK function key have install or not? what is OS install now? because ASUS just support WIn 7 driver.

Zygomorphic
Level 17
@Kherr, I know what you are talking about, I have it myself on LINUX and my non-OEM Win 7 install. I have installed the ATK package - on Win 7-, but it doesn't seem to work. It makes me think that there is another utility that I haven't installed. The lights on/off button is hardwired to the four buttons above the keyboard, so that always works. The others are driver-connected.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

It seems as though the ATK package is installed, however not working because it asked me to repair the installation, which I did, and still... nothing. Is there another reason it may not be working?

*EDIT*

So I uninstalled and re-installed the later drivers for the ATK package and now it's working. Something wasn't correct with the ATK drivers when they re-installed everything for me at the repair facility but it's working perfectly now. Thanks for the help guys. :3

Global Moderator for