ROG Member Array

F4 key doesn't work anymore

Hello,

I have a G55VW and I have a problem.
    F4 key does not work anymore!
    So I can not illuminate the keyboard by pressing fn + f4 or close applications by pressing alt + f4.

In addition, when I start the computer, a blue screen appears, asus flash utility! I quit by pressing q to start normally.

I reinstalled ATKPackage and nothing changes.

I also tried typing alt + f4 another keyboard connected to the computer via wifi and it works!

When the problem started, the keyboard started to light up when i press fn+f6 or fn+f12 !!! it was crazy !!!

I think the f4 key is blocked ?! Or broke ?
    I removed it then reputted it in its place , nothing changes.

Can any one help me please ?

No Longer Works at ASUS Array

Sounds like you probably have a stuck/misfiring/defective key, and generally the solution is to replace the keyboard.

If it's under warranty, feel free to set up an RMA. If you're in the US I can help with that if you like. If it's OOW and you're in the US or Canada, you can get a replacement keyboard (US English layout only) on the estore: http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?...ct_list&c=3625

New ROGer Array

please clean KB first, if nothing help, please do the RMA or buy KB layout and change from yourself.

ROG Member Array

Thank you for your replies.

Unfortunately i am not in the US, I live in France. I bought my laptop 5 monthes from a store called 'boulanger', i dont want to take it to them to repair it because customers reviews make me afraid of it.

Please tell mewhat to do, how do i clean the KB first? I tried to remove the button but it not helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121212_170822.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	14899

ROG Member Array

Hi, what you describe here is very similar to what I have... And I too don't know what to do. Did you solve your problem?
    See my thread:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ossible/page3&

P.S. In my case however, F4 works and fires without pressing it, like a short-circuit inside...
    Last edited by CuBrain; 12-31-2012 at 12:43 PM.