cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

None stop problems, what is wrong with my build?

Ramiusm
Level 7
Hello I recently put together this pc.

Intel i7- 3970x
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1.65v CMD16GX3M4A2400C9
Intel 520 240gb SSD x 2 in Raid 0
Evga 680 4gb FTW x2 in SLI
Seasonic Platinum 1000watt
beyerdynamic dt990 headset

I am gaming at 5760 x 1200, with all monitors connected with DVI. I am having nonestop frame rate issues. Battlefield 3 will run for 15-20seconds before the FPS just completely drops and a few times outright crashes. Farcry 3 the same thing. I have all drivers up to date, tried at 1920 x 1200 with the same results. I have tried different monitor connections. Sometimes it will play absolutely fine with no issues, but it is a hit or a miss. I cannot understand what the issue is here? Also I get persistent audio crackling on blu ray movies or ingame, I have tried changing the realtek drivers as well as using the nvidia HDMI driver. What is going on here? Is it a ram issue? These video cards were in my previous build and they worked fine. I have tried multiple nvidia drivers with the same result. Basically 15-20seconds in the game its like the GPU is shutting off, everything starts lagging out.
5 REPLIES 5

cl-scott
Level 12
Running memtest86+ would certainly be a good place to start.

I have figured it out, for some damn reason the nvidia automatic fan controlling was not working. It wouldnt speed the fans up as temps increased.

SUKARA
Level 10
What kind of the reason let you finding?
If you only use 1pcs graphic card temp for test, have the same problem?

VoXPCS
Level 7
Your issue is solely based on the drivers you're using for your card. Not to mention the specific games you're playing. The Nvidia forums will provide much more insight as you'll be among other people that play those specific games, have that specific card and suffer from the very same issues.

http://forums.geforce.com

EVERYONE is having issues with BF3 CoD, etc. espcially with the last 2-3 driver sets. They're terrible and Nvidia is getting ready to release the worst of the bunch as WHQL certified. Zzzz.

HiVizMan
Level 40
May I ask what version of drivers were you using with the old system? And if possible give them a go and see how it goes.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.