cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55 Noise

Falcius
Level 7
Hi.

I have been using my G55 for about 2 months. Lately it has been much noisier than usual.
During the first 1-1.5 months it was VERY quiet when idle, could barely hear it at all.

Now my fans are making more noise than they used to do, quite a lot more.
I checked the temperatures and when at idle the GPU hovers around 34-35 and the CPU 43-44.

I would like it to be a bit more quiet again, is this possible?
6 REPLIES 6

dstrakele
Level 14
Use some compressed gas on the fan intakes and exhausts to break up possible dust accumulation. It may reduce the fan noise. Consider adding it as a weekly maintenance procedure.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

c_man
Level 11

Falcius
Level 7
Fair enough! Will do.

ggBanks
Level 10
2 months and it's already so noisy??? I cannot simply believe that! I have had mine for 4 months already and nothing like this has happened. Have you been feeding it dust and ashes or something ? Normally with compressed air the noise would go away for a while, but it will come back soon. If you want to clean it really good, you have to disassemble your laptop and clean it from the inside. If you do not have the necessary experience I suggest to dive it to a service center or something so you will not void your warranty.

c_man
Level 11
It's all about the places one uses it. So you might get 4 months, me more like one.

Taking it to service every month is not a solution.

ggBanks
Level 10
Then the better solution is for him to learn how to take care of the laptop. That way he wont have such problems.