cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Careful with the New G75VW Bios:v222 UPDATE!!!

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
I tried to do this Bios Update on Sunday, And it did not work for me!!! I started to update and when it finsihed updating all it did was restart and it would not leave the F2 screen??? Called ASUS, took it to a PC shop and they told me that some thing went wrong when I started to update the Bios. Well Monday I shipped to ASUS, overnight, Just got off the phone with them and they told me that my mother broad is fried and they cant explain why it happened, if all I was doing was a Bios update? They said that they will get in touch with me later on today to see if they are sending me a new one or fixing this one??

I have the G75VW-BHI7N07
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro
18 REPLIES 18

lilfoot95
Level 7
Thanks for this that's the same model I have. I learned something about BIOS while in these forums: if it isn't broke don't fix it.
Computer: Asus G75VW-BHI7N07 Screen: 17.3" 1920x1080p Anti-Glare Matte
CPU: Intel Core i7 3rd Gen 3630qm 2.4ghz GPU: Nvidia GTX660m (Max OC without custom Bios)
Memory: 16gb 1600mhz Crucial HDD:1TB 5400rpm
Mouse Pad: Rocketfish Gaming Mouse Pad Headset: Turtle Beach DPX21
Best score on Mark 3D Vantage: http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4426293 14144 3D Marks

lilfoot95 wrote:
Thanks for this that's the same model I have. I learned something about BIOS while in these forums: if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Yep.

It's not just an ASUS thing either.

BIOS upgrades are rarely worth the risk.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Skull6
Level 10
I usually sit back & relax when I hear of any kind of update. I wait to see the experience others have when applying it, while I do some further research into just what great & wonderful things the update is suppose to give me. If it doesn't offer some ming-numbingly awesome new capability, I wait. Some might say I'm suffering for not doing all the updates immediately, & then something like htis thread comes along...& I end up asking myself "Who's suffering now?"
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

mrwolf
Level 10
Exactly... Bios update is really not needed for most of you guys.. Only for the Locked G75 or G55's with the 660M its needed if you want OC past the limits.. Other than that you DONT NEED IT ! Jus chill and use ur laptop instead of wasting time updating stuff that will not affect you...

rewben
Level 13
pinkfloyd1173 wrote:
I tried to do this Bios Update on Sunday, And it did not work for me!!! I started to update and when it finsihed updating all it did was restart and it would not leave the F2 screen??? Called ASUS, took it to a PC shop and they told me that some thing went wrong when I started to update the Bios. Well Monday I shipped to ASUS, overnight, Just got off the phone with them and they told me that my mother broad is fried and they cant explain why it happened, if all I was doing was a Bios update? They said that they will get in touch with me later on today to see if they are sending me a new one or fixing this one??

I have the G75VW-BHI7N07

just curious, are you running stock windows 8?

HulkSmash
Level 8
@MrWolf: Wait .222 unlocks the OC limits of the GTX660m on the G75, or are you referring to the custom BIOS?

rewben, When I bought the notebook it had Windows 8, but I went back to windows 7???? So it did not have Windows * when I tried to do the bios update.
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

rewben
Level 13
if you're running 7, have you checked if the secure boot control is disabled and launch csm is enabled in the bios? because i suspect you're running into the similar issue as this one.

Well Asus RMA, has it now, just waiting for them to call me back and see what they will do about the notebook???