cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G53 SX BD prochot

CliffordVII
Level 7
Should I still uncheck the option for BD PROCHOT in therottlestop 5.00 and save? for 53sx
3 REPLIES 3

Pitcher1
Level 9
hi, did you get any problem?

kimiraikkonen
Level 7
I never had to check/uncheck BD Prochot option using ThrottleStop, ever. I have G53JW. It is 7 years old. Is it really essential, how can we test whether we need it?
ASUS G53JW-XA1

kimiraikkonen wrote:
I never had to check/uncheck BD Prochot option using ThrottleStop, ever. I have G53JW. It is 7 years old. Is it really essential, how can we test whether we need it?

Prochot controls CPU throttling. Unchecking it will disable the throttling feature in the CPU. This is used for some games which may run your GPU/CPU too hot to where they throttle and you take a hit in performance. This is something that happened A LOT with me when I had a G52. The 15inch chassis can cause throttling due to the limited space. G7* series laptops dont run into it as much as they have a little more robust cooling solution, the slight 2 inch difference is enough to make a large improvement in cooling.

Run CoreTemp with it disabled and see what you hit with something like furmark or any other CPU demanding program. As long as you stay under the "Tj Max" that is listed on CoreTemp, then you are fine, which is the maximum thermal threshold that the processor is designed to handle. Asus sometimes sets the threshold much lower and the CPU thottles when it doesn't have to. That's why throttlestop was made.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72