cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW wont reboot using ASUS disks

Andrew_Collingw
Level 7
So I need to reboot my laptop back to factory and I tried using the partiction, long story short partitions/ software failed. So I bought the disks from Asus (since I was a twit and didn't make my own) and went ahead and bought a new SSD to install it on.
I have inserted the disk (1 of 2) and I restart as instructed making sure that the DVD is the primary boot device. I see the ROG screen then I get a black screen with the white cursor just blinking at me. I can restart from there but I cannot do anything else.

Any help, I need to have this rebooted before class tonight at 6....
14 REPLIES 14

rewben
Level 13
have you updated your bios to 221 or 222? if you have the bios options of Secure Boot Control, disable it; then find another option called Launch CSM, enable it. reboot.

Andrew_Collingw
Level 7
I have 222 installed and I don't see either fo the options you mentioned. are they in the bios screen?

rewben
Level 13
yes; in the boot option i think.

edit: here are some pictures of the options.

blarghghgh, I can't (or don't know how to) push an older version of bios to the system. The asus bios utility wont allow it.

Andrew_Collingw
Level 7
those options aren't available for me using 222, i will throw the 221 on there and give it a shot

Andrew.Collingwood wrote:
those options aren't available for me using 222, i will throw the 221 on there and give it a shot

sorry; i assume too much 😕

cl-scott
Level 12
What you describe is what happens when the BIOS hands off control to the OS, and then the bootloader fails to load for whatever reason. So it might just be you got a bad set of discs. Feel free to do a little more testing if you like, but if you can't figure it out, you should be able to send an email to someone at the eStore with your order number, say the discs aren't booting, and get a replacement set.

Andrew_Collingw
Level 7
I will try that, thanks scott (and everyone else.)

Pitcher1
Level 9
could you try ezflash in BIOS?