cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P8Z77-V - P8Z77M-PRO questions

najirion
Level 7
Hi guys,

It's me again. So I finally got my system unit running. I have a new set of problems to solve.

1) Are the drivers for P8Z77M-PRO the same with P8Z77-V the same? I have this assumption that most of the components are the same like LAN controller, sata controller, chipset and stuff. The P8Z77-V doesn't have the driver CD with it but I do have the other board's driver CD. Can I use it?

*Yes you can tell me to simply download it but sadly I live in a third-world country where internet speeds are around .50-.80 MPBS... so downloading everything is kind off an 4-hour+ event. Plus I am going to sleep so I can check out the replies tomorrow and see if I need to painfully wait to download everything.

I have a RMA question.
Standard motherboards have 3-years warranty right? this current P8Z77-V board I am using right now have a faulty 3rd and 4th ram slots. Basically it cannot detect any ram plugged there. So here's the thing about this motherboard. I am the third owner. It originally came some singapore (bought as open box somewhere by the 2nd owner). But considering that Z77 chipset was just out last year.. this board doesn't exceed the 3-year warranty period. It's still an ASUS product, can I have it repaired?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Intel i5-2500k - ASUS Maximus V Gene - ASUS GTX 660 DCU II
ASUS ThunderFX - Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 850w
OCZ Vector 120GB - Corsair H90
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB - Coolermaster Storm Trooper
3 REPLIES 3

najirion
Level 7
bump.
update:
So I got everything, box, wifi card which is still unopened and other stuff. Just the RMA question left to be answered. Hope ASUS can help me. Would really want to use 4 sticks of ram since this is my main rig now.

Thanks

SUKARA
Level 10
1. Don't use auto install feature...maybe you can into the driver CD then choose the driver to install...
2. Motherboard have not global warranty service

SUKARA@ASUS wrote:
1. Don't use auto install feature...maybe you can into the driver CD then choose the driver to install...
2. Motherboard have not global warranty service

uhmm I just used the auto install X_X seems to be working fine. what do you mean by
number 2?