mikaeldalc
Level 7
just downloaded, gonna see what far cry 3 plays like after this

Apexing
Level 9
oh well might aswell update since im on the beta of this version 🙂

Silverkid
Level 7
Is this any different performance-wise from the WHQL-candidate 310.70?

Can someone at asus explain why this driver can't be installed on the G75VX? Says can't find compatible hardware even though the driver supports the 670MX, nvidia webpage when you try and use the auto detect shows the following "Your product manufacturer requires you to download a driver for your device from their website". Is asus going to be updating their drivers on a more regular basis to keep up with the Nvidia

JBM wrote:
Can someone at asus explain why this driver can't be installed on the G75VX? Says can't find compatible hardware even though the driver supports the 670MX, nvidia webpage when you try and use the auto detect shows the following "Your product manufacturer requires you to download a driver for your device from their website". Is asus going to be updating their drivers on a more regular basis to keep up with the Nvidia

You could use a modified .inf file from laptopvideo2go.com. just download the one for driver 310.70 and paste the info into Display.Driver folder. Can't say if it also works for the WHQL one. For the beta driver it works.

JBM wrote:
Is asus going to be updating their drivers on a more regular basis to keep up with the Nvidia

DirtyCodingHabitz wrote:
By the looks of it they might start doing that.

So is this a temporary setback or will the G series be dependent on Asus drivers from now on?

wow you guys make it sound like rocket science. The system tray notification came up regarding the new Nvidia driver and said "download now". But first I uninstalled the older one and allowed the generic Microsoft driver to load. THEN I downloaded the new driver and allowed it to open up the Nvidia window and selected the "custom" method checking all that was there, and also checked the box for "clean install". Did it all perfectly no drama in just a few minutes. Works great no issues. That's how it SHOULD go in my opinion. I marvel at all of those that have all of these exotic issues finding, downloading and installing drivers. It's a bit like proper tooth brushing techniques. Over the years you learn what works right every time and what does not. Oh well. I also have a program "SlimDrivers" which was free, that alerts me when a newer driver becomes available from a manufacturer regarding hardware present on my computers. Works great......

DirtyCodingHabi
Level 9
Is asus going to be updating their drivers on a more regular basis to keep up with the Nvidia

By the looks of it they might start doing that.

The one previously posted was Beta driver right? So this one is WHQL

I'm downloading it right and give it a try 😄