cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing on the screen

wndyd
Level 7
I've recently ordered a G75-BBK5 on ebay and everything was fine the day I started it up, however, the next day I was continuing to update drives etc. the screen went black after a few restarts. I've tried restarting the laptop but only the sound works (the startup chime). Everything else works except the screen is operational. Any advice?

Also I think there was a problem when updating the graphics card, a certain file could not be installed and I simply skipped it.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

wndyd
Level 7
Some how I've managed to solve the problem, probably when I heard a small sound when pressure applied on the back of the screen. Maybe something was dislodged.

Pitcher1
Level 9
is able to see post, if yes, try into save mode to remove vga driver and reinstall again.

xeromist
If it happens again just return it quickly if you can. You don't want the hassle of dealing with an RMA if you can just return it to the retailer for one that works out of the box.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…