cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74 Windows 8 Sentelic driver

Cail
Level 7
After perusing the forums apparently Windows 8 drivers "will be released when Windows 8 is officially available." Does anyone know where the official Sentelic touchpad driver for Windows 8 is?

I did a clean install of Windows 8 and my touchpad shows up as a generic PS/2 mouse. Upon attempting to install the Sentelic driver I get a, "driver version inapplicable for the touchpad," error. Since I got a flakey touchpad I normally disable it but as a generic PS/2 mouse it cannot be disabled.

I put back in my Windows 7 drive and everything appears fine.

So, is there any software solution to getting this installed? My next step is to open it up and physically disable it but I really don't want to do this. In fact, if I do I'll likely not buy another Asus product again.
2 REPLIES 2

zsld0423
Level 9
Hey Cail, take a look at my thread pasted below, I've got instructions on getting the Sentelic Driver working in Windows 8 perfectly, as well as some other driver and information that may help you. If you've got any questions feel free to let me know

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23359-Finally-took-the-Win8-plunge..
Sager NP9370
256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
16GB RAM
Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate

Awesome, worked exactly for what I needed it for.

I haven't had to install a driver like that in ages, didn't even think about it! Now to decide if I can get used to the new interface or if I'll install Stardock stuff.