cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which memory?

Retired
Not applicable
Goodmorning Guys, I will soon be the proud owner of a ROG extreme maximus m-board. I have only one qeustion. I stil searching for the memory for this board. But i am not sure which one to choose. I am choosing between these two ram's:

CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 (on cossairs list for recommand memory)
CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (also on cossairs list)

But when i look them up on the memory support list from asus for the m-board, I can't find them. So i would like to know can the work with this board without any problem or schould i stick with the list provided by Asus. Thanks in advance for your help.
8 REPLIES 8

Raja
Level 13
Hi Draft,

Generally it is wise to stick with the list, but I do know the Corsair guys have good support if need be. If there is a Corsair kit on the QVL then I would consider that over these.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
go with the 1600, you will have less issues and your machine will see very little if any performance difference between the two speeds.

Retired
Not applicable
i had corsair Dominator GT at 2133 @1.5 volts. works like crap. So i pulled it and now i have G Skill F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD and its ROCK solid at 2133

any opinions on F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL?

Retired
Not applicable
I happen to be using Corsair's CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 sticks with no problems at all. The sticks default to 1333Mhz so you'll need to go into the BIOS and set them for 1600Mhz using Corsair's published specs. After nearly a month @ 1600Mhz, they're quite stable.

Retired
Not applicable
What RAM would anyone suggest for the GENE-Z board I am thinking of upgrading mine to something else?

SniperWake wrote:
What RAM would anyone suggest for the GENE-Z board I am thinking of upgrading mine to something else?

If you don't have a preference, look up the QVL for that board, and choose anything on there.

Here you go

Prophet
Level 7
I have Dominator GT at 2133/1.65V. I had to bump the CPU/IO to do it though.