cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus VLC,sound disappears

Gremlingswe
Level 7
Hi just got the phoebus, so far no bf3 problem but i noticed when using vlc high sounds ( explosion, theme music) the sound disappears for a split secund. all the bars on dolby v4 goes down for this secund..and then comes back.. If you watch the movie or tv show several times u notice this happening at the same place everytime..

I use the latest vlc 2.0.5, reinstalld it..

No problem in windows player..

is any1 else having this problem?

yet i havent noticed it in games, but i am most afraid of that
4 REPLIES 4

KILLER_K
Level 10
My sound works on and off vlc. On some flash pages it goes in and out sometimes also . But the latest vlc seems to have a lot of issues with it. Mine constantly crashes and sends error reports. I've uninstalled clean registry files and left over files and it still acts up here and there. so you aren't alone on thew issue. Thanks

XoRDLC
Level 7
Sorry for answer on old question, but i found what to do with that problem. You should to start vlc as "Run as administrator".

Glad that fixed it for you. But everything is set to auto run as administrator on my pc. I removed the non support sound card out my pc. No sense in having a 1 year old card with zero support and still two beta drivers out. Let alone no support for windows 8, which it clearly states on the packaging.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus ROG Pheobus Xonar 2012 - 2013

XoRDLC wrote:
Sorry for answer on old question, but i found what to do with that problem. You should to start vlc as "Run as administrator".

KILLER_K wrote:
Glad that fixed it for you. But everything is set to auto run as administrator on my pc. I removed the non support sound card out my pc. No sense in having a 1 year old card with zero support and still two beta drivers out. Let alone no support for windows 8, which it clearly states on the packaging.

Yeap, i must to agree with you. After Creative X-Fi audio card, that card a one big problem. Another bug, what i met - sound stream directed not to the deafult seted speakers device (usualy that uppears in yotube, twitch and etc.).

Try to choose the (S/PDIF) device as default, then make default your speakers. This is helps me in that cases, maybe it will works with vlc