New ROGer Array

Question MvE 1501 Bios and RAID

Last time I update the Bios to 1408 it broke my SSD RAID-0 array. It broke the array even when I change the setting in the Bios to RAID before entering windows for the first time after flashing.

So I'm wondering if 1501 will break the array again. From what I've heard this happen when there is a code change to the RAID controller.

Anyone have any experience to share with 1501 Bios? I'm currently at work but when I get home I'll try flashing and post result.

Quote Originally Posted by JunXaos View Post
    From what I've heard this happen when there is a code change to the RAID controller.
    I am using 1501 on a semi-broken (sensor wise) MVE that is awaiting a X-Ship. I have no issues with my RAID (on Intel SATA). I can tell you first hand that I have never had any issues with up/down/back/forth/left/right bios or raid firmware changes, as long as I kept my SATA ports in order (Drive 1 -> SATA PORT 1, etc.)

Regards

New ROGer Array

That's good to know. I haven't really play around with RAID before. Not sure what went wrong. I kept mine on Intel SATA too.