cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW or N76VZ (Please Help!!!)

Narek
Level 7
Guys I need a quick help.
So, I need a new and RELIABLE notebook for multimedia (gaming is not priority).
My choice is between:
Asus G75VW:
i7-3630QM
Nvidea GTX 670M 3GB
16GB Ram
750GB 7200RPM
Blu-Ray
Windows 8
Price: 1400 dollars

And Asus N76VZ:
i7-3630QM
Nvidea GTX 650M 2GB
12GB Ram
1TB 7200RPM
Blu-Ray
Windows 8
Price: 1480 dollars

Of course Price/Specs wise Asus G75VW is better but what about reliablity? I heared that G75VW have several problems (Screen, sound etc.).
Is it safe to buy G75VW or would it be better going with N76VZ?
Please help me with this choice!!!
4 REPLIES 4

c_man
Level 11
N76 for multimedia, G75 for gaming (and for that the screen itself, the speakers and so on make little difference, if any).

Narek
Level 7
Thanks for quick reply. I like the look of G75 and Price/Specs wise its better and I would like to buy it, the only thing that still keep me away is the reliablity. I see that so many people have problems with speaker/subwoffer. Is it so serious that even driver update cant fix it?

c_man
Level 11
Yes. From my point of view, it's just a design failure and no software can change that. Mine works with 10600 driver (on Windows 7) as good as possible. It is far far behind any decent laptop speakers (like Skull Candy or other that are not top notch compared to JBL for example). My Skull Candy were like hi-fi guru when compared to Asus SonicMaster. Why did they put these is beyond me. Why not B&O???

Pitcher1
Level 9
G serious is for gaming, N serious for Audio, so i think you should be knowing what do you need, but i think G serious more expensive than N serious.