Updating ASUS Optical Drive Firmware

I've downloaded the firmware upgrade for my replacement optical drive, but where do I find the procedure to update it?

Here's the drive:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=029356
    Last edited by Black4; 12-22-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    A Republic of Gamers heart.

| olive drab Vengeance C70 chassis | Win 10 64-bit | Maximus V GENE board | i7 2600K | Viper3 1866 MHz memory | Corsair H80 CPU liquid-cooler | R-O-G HD7970 Matrix Platinum card | striping RAID array | Samsung 245BW 24" monitor |

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Can only suggest that you go the the product support page and have a read around there. I am not able to download as I am on a mobile device now but what is the form of the download? That will give you a clue as to how to update I would think.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks HiVizMan. Not having issues with this drive and it's brand new, so likely don't need a firmware upgrade anyway. Going to leave it alone, at least for now.

Ciao,
    A Republic of Gamers heart.

| olive drab Vengeance C70 chassis | Win 10 64-bit | Maximus V GENE board | i7 2600K | Viper3 1866 MHz memory | Corsair H80 CPU liquid-cooler | R-O-G HD7970 Matrix Platinum card | striping RAID array | Samsung 245BW 24" monitor |

ROG Enthusiast Array

If there is a changelog, check it. Usually updates add media compatibility, so if you're having some brands not working it may fix that.
    That is if there is a changelog even published for it.