Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SW-XN1 Ram upgrade help

BoxKiD
Level 7
hey guys

i was thinking of upgrading my ram from 8gb to 16gb
and was wondering if anyone knows what ram i would have in the G53SW-XN1 new revision , 4 x 2gb or 2 x 4 gb ?

and ant links to a guide to access the ram slots ??
5 REPLIES 5

Retired
Not applicable
It should be 2 x 4 gb.

My G53SW-A1 has 2 4GB sticks. One goes under the keyboard and one goes by the hard drive. There are some videos on youtube showing how to take the bottom panel off. It's very simple and shouldn't take much time. I found this video helpful.

Good luck.

d2daanny wrote:
It should be 2 x 4 gb.

My G53SW-A1 has 2 4GB sticks. One goes under the keyboard and one goes by the hard drive. There are some videos on youtube showing how to take the bottom panel off. It's very simple and shouldn't take much time. I found this video helpful.

Good luck.

thats good so i could just buy to more 4gb sticks, do you know which ram i should go for ? havent really upgraded ram before...

thanks for the reply

BoxKiD wrote:
thats good so i could just buy to more 4gb sticks, do you know which ram i should go for ? havent really upgraded ram before...

thanks for the reply

You better with 2 sticks than 4, with 4 you may have to play with the voltage in the bios to make it work, higher voltage = higher temp, aside 4 stick may drain more battery than 2 , I also ask why you will need 16 GB in a note book, are you using VM ?

Retired
Not applicable
Question: Do you really need more RAM?

BoxKiD
Level 7
well i dont plan on the 16gb upgrade i may stick another 2gb in there but in the future i may put more in there