Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Here it is 5+ months later and a potential solution is offered, which I am grateful. However, while waiting and working towards one I simply ran out of time. I also did many searches and never came across yours, nor did any other user point it out. Having said that, this was not the only issue that sent to exploring other MB and CPU options. I literally had two bad ASUS boards in a row. When I finally got a board that was working I had one issue after another with Win 8 and Adobe Lightroom. At that point I decided to switch to Intel. The result was that all but one crucial issue with Win 8 disappeared. Then I digressed back to Win 7 and that problem also went away. The bottom line is that I ran out of time and needed to stop working on computer problems and get working on work. Thanks for your feedback.
    Pixelman

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz
    MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z (CPU: AM3+ Chipset AMD 990FX/SB950)
    Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
    Hard Drives: Seagate 7200 RPM 500 Barracuda plus 4 other data drives
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Card 02G-P4-2643-KR
    Case: Antec Sonata IV - ATX Mid Tower Case
    CPU Cooleer: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler System

ROG Member Array

*Fish can u pls point out which program affected slow boot ? i am having same problem as well

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Pixel .. it wasn't the board .. it was software .. where is that board now ??? yum.c.

ROG Enthusiast Array

The board is in the very capable hands of an Air Force pilot who is also a gamer. When I spoke to him last he was loving every minute of the boards performance. Since I am not a gamer I was glad to help this guy out, especially since he was serving our country.
    Pixelman

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz
    MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z (CPU: AM3+ Chipset AMD 990FX/SB950)
    Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
    Hard Drives: Seagate 7200 RPM 500 Barracuda plus 4 other data drives
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Card 02G-P4-2643-KR
    Case: Antec Sonata IV - ATX Mid Tower Case
    CPU Cooleer: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler System

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2