cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoG bundled software licences (DaemonTools, LucidLogix)

Xeevis
Level 7
Hi, I'm confused and curious how are apps like Daemon Tools Pro or LucidLogix Virtu MVP licensed to motherboard holders. Do we "own" license therefore can get support and software directly from it's makers, or its just licensed to Asus for distribution on CDs? I'd like to claim Daemon Tools Pro if I paid for it, but as far as I can tell there is no serial number anywhere in the box and I can't install one from CD due to incompatibility with Windows 8. Same applies to LucidLogix and since Virtu MVP 2.0 is (hopefully) coming out next month, will we be able to download/unlock it somehow? They said they'll be providing it directly instead of through manufacturers ...
9 REPLIES 9

X-ROG
Level 15
It's licensed to ASUS for distribution on a per product basis, sometimes for a set period.

What product did you buy exactly and I will find out about Windows 8 updates.

Xeevis
Level 7
I have Maximus V Gene and there is version 4.x on CD and need latest Daemon Tools Pro 5.2.0 for Windows 8 compatibility. But if its time limited license then I don't need it.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Xeevis, Careful with DaemonTools, it's a great product but the version on the CD has an Outdated Driver called SPTD. Before you install it I would suggest going here: http://www.disc-tools.com/download/sptd and downloading the Current from the People that make it, and then install DaemonTools. If you already have DaemonTools installed then just Install this and Reboot. If you don't you will most likely have BSOD's and other problems. It took me 3 Days to figure out this little problem because the BSOD's always blamed the ATI Catalyst Drivers or my Intel NIC Drivers. Another thing you might keep in mind is that Alien Skin Eye Candy and a couple other Photoshop Plug ins are incompatible with DaemonTools for some stupid reason. If I have DaemonTools installed Eye Candy causes Immediate BSOD's same with AKVIS Smart Mask.

I hope this helps not only you but others out there.

Xeevis
Level 7
DaemonCantor, yea I was thinking that installing outdated drivers wouldn't do any good, thats why I posted as I want to install the latest PRO, but trying to figure if I can reuse RoG license for that. I wonder if I were to install current SPTD from your link, on top of it version from CD with embedded RoG license and then update it to latest if it would work and retain license.

Area_66
Level 11
If you use Daemon only to mount ISO, it's not need with Windows 8

X-ROG
Level 15
Update:

I'm still waiting info on bundled software for Win 8, however I have heard we are still waiting on Lucid for its particular update. I don't have an ETA right now thought sorry so if you really need it please stay on Win 7 for now.

I just noticed new Daemon Tools Pro and Lucid Virtu Universal MVP Software V2 for windows 8 x64 were recently added into motherboard > utility download list, thanks guys!

Xeevis
Level 7
Update: Lucid Virtu Universal MVP V2 works as expected on Win 8 x64 UEFI (after disabling secure boot), hopefully next version will support it.

However supplied Daemon Tools upgrade period already expired and needs you to pay €10 for extension. So I just registered RoG supplied license to my account in case I need it cheaply in the future :cool:.

X-ROG
Level 15
The download link for DAEMON Tools Pro V5.1.0.0336 can be found on product Download page for below models:

 Maximus V Extreme
 Maximus V Formula (series)
 Maximus V GENE
 Rampage IV Extreme (series)
 Rampage IV Formula (series)
 Rampage IV GENE
 Crosshair V Formula-Z