cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless N issue on G75VW

jkesler42
Level 7
Hello All,

I have 50/25 Verizon FIOS with a Westell router. Connected to this router I have a Linksys D600 E2500 Wireless N Router connected to that. When I connect to the E2500 while its set to G mode, I get 20 - 25 Mbps download on Speedtest. If I set the wireless mode to N, I only get around 1-2 Mbps down and 10-12 Mbps up. This is with the latest drivers from the Asus support site. Any ideas why?

Thanks
20 REPLIES 20

Pitcher1
Level 9
how is other device connect to ruter? i really don't know how is your connect with G model laptop? is connecter E2500 than E2500 connect to Verizon FIOS or? could you provide more detial?

Verizon supplies a Westell Wireless Router/modem. This device is not an N router. To resolve this, I purchased the E2500 and connected it to one of the LAN ports on the Westell so it now acts like a wireless access point. I turned the wifi off on the Westell. On the E2500 I changed the mode from N to G to test. On my wife's laptop, an Asus K55A, she can connect to the wifi on both N and G modes. This leads me to believe there is some issue with my machine.

rewben
Level 13
what if you set your new router to serve N only?

jkesler42
Level 7
That is when I only get the 1-2 Mbps. My wife's works fine.

rewben
Level 13
ah sorry didn't read it properly; have you done this: device manager > atheros wifi's properties > power management > uncheck the option where it says allow the computer to turn off this device to save power or something like that?

also, check your power plan if the wireless adapter option has been set to maximum performance only.

jkesler42
Level 7
That option is unchecked and it is on max performance.

rewben
Level 13
are you on w7 or 8?

edit: if you're on w8, you can try updating your wifi driver to this. i'm using the same driver on w8:

I updated to that driver and I am still having the same issue.

Take the router out of 40 mhz only use 20 mhz and it will work use n only

Wireless N don't work very fast on the 2.4 network.

Then you will get 72