Thread: Raspberry Pi

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Raspberry Pi

I found this utterly fascinating .. the future brightens everyday.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/21/tech/i...omputer-upton/

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array smokeintheeye PC Specs
    smokeintheeye PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme (X99) Bios 3101
    ProcessorI7 5820K @ 4.6GHz @ 1.285v
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX XMP @ 2400MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI R9-290 Gaming @ 1100/1375
    MonitorPhilips 4K BDM4065UC
    CPU CoolerSupr EVO X99 + 360 Rad + 1000ml Res + Swiftech MCP655
    CaseHAF X
    Power SupplyHX1000i
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Windows 10 pro 64bit
    Accessory #1 AMBI lighting

iv had one for about 8 month just the 256mb one tho not the new mob B one that is 512mb. i use it to run XMBC on the tv. and have bean playinging about trying to get ice cream sandwich working but as yet no joy. plus i have mine overclocked to 1.1ghz 450ghz gpu and 600 on the ram. they are very good for what they are. A+++

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smokeintheeye View Post
    iv had one for about 8 month just the 256mb one tho not the new mob B one that is 512mb. i use it to run XMBC on the tv. and have bean playinging about trying to get ice cream sandwich working but as yet no joy. plus i have mine overclocked to 1.1ghz 450ghz gpu and 600 on the ram. they are very good for what they are. A+++
    I thought about getting myself one, since that is an interesting ARM board...and really, really cheap!
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

LOL, I use it since last spring, I also play a lot with Arduino to control my aquariums, but I'm more use to the CTI PIC Controller ,I use them on my train layout , so each controller is fully independent and can be program to do what ever I need.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tb.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	15363

all I need to do is to connect each modules and use a software to control them, I even program the think with a special design computer language.

Name:	network.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	15364

I have 32 similar modules under the layout, ( and some tough that computer wiring is confusing, lol )

Name:	wiring1a.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	15365
    Last edited by Area 66; 12-24-2012 at 02:06 PM.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

66 .. incredible .. I will never look at a train layout the same again .. like all things
    there is far more 'below' the surface than a bunch of trains going in a circle .. cudos.

The article tickled me so ... especially the part where he had 'hoped' to sell 10,000 units ..
    and ~gasp~ SOLD OUT .. practically overnight.
    Entrepreneurship is Alive and well in the UK .. (We will try and keep Obama over 'here'.) hahah .c.

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

Now that's a good use Area66!, I've never tried the Raspberry Pi but I've heard good and bad but bad depends on Usage I guess. me I've been using the TI MSP430 for a while now but for little things like controlling my Security Alarm Timers for House Lights and the one that Pisses of my wife is Controlling the IR Sensor for the Bathroom Light! I got it set for 10 mins! I haven't stopped long enough from other things to play with the thing much more than this because it was an Expensive Toy!

That is an interesting use for PIC microcontrollers. I take it you are really into trains? Any of them in nice black and red color schemes with ROG proudly displayed on the tender?
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23