cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATI 7970 6GB memory not showing/ How to disable onboard graphics on MVE

jiMMyoNewAy
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to figure out why my graphic card memory is not showing up in CPUZ. It is showing 256MB there and on Dxdiag it is showing up as 1595MB (Which is also close to the Ram installed so I don’t know what’s going on here). I have cleaned up drivers completely for the Graphics card twice and reinstalled them and no change.

I was thinking maybe if I disable on board graphics maybe it will change but could not find the settings in BIOS.
The Intel HD4000 graphics is also showing up strangely on CPU Z and most of the parameters are showing up empty except the memory which is showing 2047MB. I have uploaded a pic from the CPU z.

Another issue that I am having is with the RAM. I had bought 2X8GB 1866 memory but it shows up as 1333 on bios. I upped it to 1866 manually but not sure if that’s what I was supposed to do. I have included the CPU Z images for memory and CPU as well.
I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue.
Thanks

My config
MB: Asus maximus V extreme
GPU: Sapphire HD 7970 6GB Ghz ed
Corsair DP 1866 2x8GB
Corsair 100i
Samsung SSD OS
7 REPLIES 7

jiMMyoNewAy
Level 7
Hi Guys I was able to upload the images to image shack and I also noticed that even in system info the Dedicated Adapter Ram is showing up messed up. Can please someone have a look and let me know what to do...very much appreciated....

Merry Xmas All

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks again

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG boards, jiMMyoNewAy.

Although CPU-Z is a nice program for validation, I'd rather use GPU-Z for graphics card validation. It's designed to give you all information about your video card and GPU. And they maintain an updated database. So please download annd install it. See if it detects your graphics cards properly.

Most, if not all, RAM kits never run at their advertised speed right of the bat. Most run natively at 1333Mhz or 1600Mhz. In order to run it at the advertised speed, a little tweaking is needed to overclock them. The easiest way is to use the XMP feature. It's as easy as going into your BIOS and click the option where it says Ai Overclock Tuner to X.M.P. Save and exit. And you'll have your RAM running at it's advetised speed.

jiMMyoNewAy
Level 7
Chino thanks for the reply I checked on the GPU Z and the memory showed up, however I am not sure why it is not showing up on the system info . Is there something I need to worry about . Also on GPU Z the Intel HD400 memory is now showing as 0 MB ... is this a concern? As this is my first PC build that Iam doing myself , I am a bit nervous to not mess up things on Xmas>< .

Btw thanks for the tip on the RAM Iam going to try it out right now and will let you know if it works out.

Thanks a bunch again for ur comment

Chino
Level 15
I'll be honest with you. I've nevered used Windows System Info at lol. I usually use third party software. GPU-Z is dead accurate with these things so you have nothing to worry about. The HD4000 memory showing as 0 MB is completely normal since you're not using it, Windows doesn't have to share RAM to power it up. As a matter of fact, when I installed Windows I didn't even bother installing the drivers for it. 😛

Setting up XMP profile is pretty easy. Go for it. There's nothing like running at 1866Mhz. 😛

jiMMyoNewAy
Level 7
One last thing how can i disable onboard graphics on my Maximus V Extreme MB. Thanks for all your help

Chino
Level 15
1. Enter into your BIOS.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Select System Agent Configuration.
4. Select Graphics Configuration.
5. Change the Primary Display to PCIe or Auto.

jiMMyoNewAy
Level 7
Thanks again sir !!! very helpful ...