cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 Laptop and USB Charger Plus questions

Malakie
Level 7
A couple questions about the USB charger plus...

First, in the systray utility there is a setting to set the threshold to stop quick charging. Which way does that work? Say I set the charger threshold to 20%. Does that mean the charger only quick charges to 20% then turns off? Or does that mean it only charges quickly after the battery is 20% full? Similarly is the setting is 70%, does that mean it charges quick to 70% then turns off or how does this work?

Second question.. is there any way to indicate or show that quick charge is actually functioning? I plug in my phone and although it shows it is charging, (I assume the correct USB port is the one with the lightning bolt) there is no indication if it is just standard charge or in quick charge mode...

Thoughts?
Take it light....

Malakie

3 REPLIES 3

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Malakie wrote:
A couple questions about the USB charger plus...

First, in the systray utility there is a setting to set the threshold to stop quick charging. Which way does that work? Say I set the charger threshold to 20%. Does that mean the charger only quick charges to 20% then turns off? Or does that mean it only charges quickly after the battery is 20% full? Similarly is the setting is 70%, does that mean it charges quick to 70% then turns off or how does this work?

Second question.. is there any way to indicate or show that quick charge is actually functioning? I plug in my phone and although it shows it is charging, (I assume the correct USB port is the one with the lightning bolt) there is no indication if it is just standard charge or in quick charge mode...

Thoughts?

First question: this means when you are charging while on "battery", when the battery gets down to "20%" the Asus USB charger plus will stop charging your device.
This option helps by keeping your battery from completely being discharged.

Second question: If you enter BIOS in second tab and check there if it's "enabled".
The front right side USB port is the "
Asus USB charger plus" port.

Hope this helps?

GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Pitcher1
Level 9
yep, when battey down to >20%, it will stop charger, when you saw the Lightning in USB port, it is USB charger port.
you ara able to see the USB charger in tray icon.

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
yep, when battey down to >20%, it will stop charger, when you saw the Lightning in USB port, it is USB charger port.
you ara able to see the USB charger in tray icon.

OK I have the charger ICON in the systray.. is it supposed to change state when something is plugged in and charging? Say a cellphone or mp3 player etc? So far although there is a grey icon in the systray, nothing indicates that anything is doing any charging, especially at the high speed, when anything is plugged in.
Take it light....

Malakie