ROG Enthusiast Array

LGA 2011 Pin Repair SABRETOOTH X79

As a poster in this post said, he paid $120 to have the pins repaired.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ht=pins+damage

Do I just go through the standard Asus support to do this? Do I pay initially, or after they receive the board and can determine if it can be repaired? Either is fine. Also, do they offer cross shipping? I'd gladly put down the cost of a new board as collateral until the cross ship is completed on both ends.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

If you want to attempt fixing it youself, you can bend them back into place with a lot of patience, a big enough microscope and a steady hand. lol

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

I suggest you can plan to contact asus service center and detail check about the repair cost....

asus service center contact information:
    http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

ROG Enthusiast Array

My hand is nowhere near steady enough, I've already budgeted and purchased a RIVE to replace it, but I'd like to spend maybe $100 or so to have a diagnostic and backup board.

No Longer Works at ASUS Array

Generally speaking, you send the unit in under an RMA, when they see the pins are bent they will classify it as CID (Customer Induced Damage) and then you'll get an email with a repair estimate.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-scott View Post
    Generally speaking, you send the unit in under an RMA, when they see the pins are bent they will classify it as CID (Customer Induced Damage) and then you'll get an email with a repair estimate.
    What I'd like to do is setup a cross shipment though. I certainly don't mind putting the cost of the board down as a deposit or anything though. Do you know if they offer cross shipping?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array MrPeter1985's Avatar

As far as I'm aware, yes you could get an X-ship, but that would be quite a bit of money on the line. You would be out the price on the board on hold and the amount of the repair until your banks releases the hold of the board.

Since you already have a board up and running, I would just send it in under a normal RMA and go from there.
    || i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz || ASUS P8Z68-M Pro || Cooler Master Hyper 212+ || Kingston HyperX Red 8GB 1600MHZ || Sapphire HD7850 || OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Sata lll (OS) - Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (Programs) - 1TB WD HDD (Data) || OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W 80+ Certified || Rosewill REDBONE ||

Rockford
    Many times to computer works fine, even with bent pins..

It depends on where in the socket they are bent..

And how you HW is configured

tips> dont keep the board flat to the ground, when installing or removing cpu. Its very easy to drop the cpu inte the socket, when lifting it.. with bent pins as a result..
    Last edited by Rockford; 01-03-2013 at 10:42 PM.